001,

CHAPTER ONEsix months before season one, her arrival

CHAPTER ONE
six months before season one,
her arrival.

THE PRINCESS of devlin, france, looked nervously out of her window as she saw the busy streets of camelot making room for her carriage as they arrived at the courtyard. she glanced at the people, who were now started to gather around, before giving her the space after the orders from her coachman.

her handmaiden, estella, smiled at her, as she watched isabella look around nervously. "tout ira bien, votre majesté." everything will be fine, your majesty. she told her with a kind smile.

"je ne suis pas si sûr, estella." i'm not so sure, estella. she shook her head, letting out a nervous sigh. estella simply shook her head with a small smile.

the many shocked and confused whispers filled her ears as she looked up at the large castle, and then her eyes landed on the knights, and then a tall man in the front, who she assumed was the king, and next to him, was a boy almost as tall, with a small frown. she guessed he was the prince.

isabella valour had left her kingdom, devlin, in france, after her father had accepted the marriage proposal of prince arthur, from king uther. isabella had never any interest in arranged marriage, she wanted to find love for herself, and marry who she wanted. however, growing up in royalty never allowed her to have this freedom.

she remembered meeting prince arthur many years ago, when they were both seven years old. the two kings, uther and henry, had been discussing their marriage from a very young age, but it would only happen the day arthur pendragon becomes king.

she let out a nervous breath as the carriage doors opened, and estella stepped out, one of the guards of camelot holding their hand out for isabella to take.

she thanked him with a smile, and took his hand, stepping down onto the cobblestone. since her hair was shielding her face, she raised her head to meet the stares of the king, the prince, a lady on the other side of uther, and some of the knights.

uther pendragon smiled as she walked towards him. "princess isabella." he greeted as she curtsied slightly, to which he returned in a bow.

"it's a pleasure to see you again, my lord." she straightened up from her curtsy and he smiled. "the pleasures all mine. how was the journey?"

"it took a while, but it was beautiful to see the views." she spoke, her french accent lacing her tone as he smiled.

prince arthur stepped forward as uther turned to him, "i assume you remember prince arthur?" he spoke as she curtsied once again, and he bowed.

"your grace." he smiled as she shook her head. "please, call me isabella." she ordered as he smiled.

"arthur." he told her as she nodded. "i know...you've grown very much." she smiled up at him, a chuckle left his lips. "well..." he looked down with a slight smile, "you haven't really." he smiled and she laughed quietly.

"and this is my ward, the lady morgana." uther introduced to the beautiful woman next to her. isabella's lips turned up into a smile as she bowed her head slightly.

morgana curtsied as she smiled up at isabella. "hello." morgana greeted, isabella smiled. "hello, morgana. your dress is beautiful."

"oh, please. it's nothing compared to yours." morgana smiled, which isabella returned, chuckling slightly. "thank you." maybe being at camelot wouldn't be so bad.

"this is your handmaiden, i assume?" uther nodded over at estella who was watching with a small smile.

"correct. this is estella." she gestured for estella to come over. the three pendragons sent her a polite smile, which estella returned with a deep curtsy.

"well, arthur will show you to your chambers. there shall be a feast tonight to celebrate your arrival." uther announced before turning around and walking back inside.

arthur looked back at his father, looking slightly annoyed as he shook his head before morgana curtsied once more before leaving with uther.

"he seems pretty...tense." isabella tried to find the right word. a laugh escaped arthur's lips. "i don't think you should talk about the king badly, your majesty." he smiled arrogantly.

she simply shrugged her shoulders slightly as he began to walk inside, gesturing her to follow, which she did, estella following behind.

they made small conversation until they reached isabella's chambers, which happened to be opposite the lady morgana's, thankfully. morgana's maid sent them a smile and bowed her head slightly as she went past.

"i'll leave you to settle in, i suppose...i do hope you will enjoy it here, isabella." he told her as she stood by the door. "as do i, arthur. i'm sure i will." she bowed slightly as he did the same and she shut the door.

"i told you, it's not so bad, princess." estella smiled, her english not being perfect, since she still had a few more lessons from isabella left.

isabella chuckled, shaking her head. "we have only been here ten minutes, stella."

just an introduction before we get into the first episode :)

it's obvs gonna be a slight slow burn since they won't get married and she won't become queen until uther dies, but however since their marriage is arranged there will always be hints to their relationship, and they will fall in love through the seasons.