040,

CHAPTER FORTY,episode eleven, the sorcerer's shadow

CHAPTER FORTY,
episode eleven, the sorcerer's shadow.

MORGANA PENDRAGON had changed, there was no other way of putting it. ever since she had returned from when she went missing for the year, she had become cold and detached from everyone. before, she was the kindest soul in the whole kingdom. she was the heart of camelot, she was the first to help anyone who needed it, stood up to uther when he was wrong and always stuck by her friends. however she had been having dreams, terrible dreams that were always the same. isabella valour walking down the aisle to marry arthur pendragon, and at the very end, it showed isabella as queen. morgana couldn't let that happen.

camelot was holding a tournament. but not any kind of tournament, one where all comers from around the country could partake, to win a prize of one hundred gold coins. it was tradition, however, it had been held every ten years for centuries. and because it was an open tournament, all weapons were allowed to be used.

the only rule was that there are no rules.

isabella had unfortunately witnessed it before when she first visited camelot all those years ago, and personally thought it was a stupid idea, i mean they were literally just inviting anyone to come and fight.

isabella, arthur, morgana and uther were eating dinner when morgana decided to higher the king's ego. "remind me how many times you've won this tournament, uther?" she asked, a knowing smirk on her lips.

"three." uther recalled as isabella raised a brow, and glanced at arthur.

"that's a lot to live up to, arthur." morgana turned to the boy who raised his glass and agreed.

"i remember your last victory. you were a master in the arena." morgana smiled as uther chuckled. "it's such a shame we won't see you compete again."

"who says you won't?" uther responded.

"i thought you said you were too old to take the field?" morgana asked, tilting her head as isabella glanced at her curiously. she looked at merlin who was pouring their drinks and frowned.

"it is not age that stops me. i'll still prove a match for any man." uther boasted as isabella chuckled under her breath.

"well, we won't be finding out." arthur cut in, making morgana raise a brow and uther turn to him.

"whyever not?" he asked, frowning.

arthur glanced at him, "because i don't want you getting hurt." he responded seriously.

suddenly, uther began to laugh, so loud the table practically shook. morgana took this as a sign to question him further, "do you think you could still win the crown?" she asked her father...i mean...guardian..