006,

CHAPTER SIX, episode four, the poisoned chalice

CHAPTER SIX,
episode four, the poisoned chalice.

BECAUSE ISABELLA was engaged to the prince, she had to be there when lord bayard of mercia arrived at camelot to greet uther.

the knights in blue, with lord bayard in front, walked into the throne room and straight towards king uther, prince arthur, princess isabella, the lady morgana and the rest of the knights in red.

"camelot welcomes you, lord bayard of mercia." king uther spoke sternly as lord bayard stood with an emotionless expression, his knights's hands on their swords. "the treaty we sign today marks an end to war and a beginning to a new friendship between our people."

the king held his hand out for lord bayard to shake, and the man in blue glanced at it thoughtfully before shaking uther's hand as a smile made it's way onto their faces causing the camelot and mercia knights to clap.

"let me introduce you to my son, prince arthur," uther began, motioning to arthur who sent the lord a polite smile, and bayard and his knights bowed. "princess isabella of devlin," uther moved to the side so isabella was in view as the people in blue repeated the bow, as isabella smiled kindly.

"and finally, the lady morgana, my ward." morgana smiled, bowing her head as the knights did the same.

"there shall be a feast to celebrate!" uther announced as everybody in the room began to clap again, smiling as the two kingdoms were finally going to get along.

the princess soon left the room, as well as everybody else apart from lord bayard, and was on her way to visit the people of camelot when a young girl dressed in blue and red, ironic, bumped into her, the sheets in her hands falling to the floor.

"oh—" isabella blinked as she looked down at the girl who was already apologising and getting down to pick her items up. "sorry!" the unknown girl spoke hurriedly.

isabella lifted her rather large dress slightly to crouch down and hell the girl pick up the white and red sheets in her hands. "oh, it's no problem. i assume you are from mercia?" she asked as the unknown girl nodded.

"i am...you're princess isabella. you're engaged to prince arthur." the girl realised as isabella paused. "well...yes, i am. but we won't be married for a while now, not until arthur becomes king."

"so why are you here now?" the girl tilted her head curiously, as if she was trying to find out all of isabella's secrets. isabella looked slightly taken aback at her question.

"well, my father and king uther decided it would be best if i lived here in camelot now. so that me and the prince have time to get to know each other. so we don't go into the marriage blind, i suppose." isabella explained briefly as the girl nodded slowly.