005,

CHAPTER FIVE, not an episode, the engagement party

CHAPTER FIVE,
not an episode, the engagement party.

ISABELLA  AND arthur arrived back to camelot after her fathers wedding. it was a beautiful reception, but isabella wasn't quite ready to see her father with somebody that wasn't her late mother, but growing up in royalty she knew it wasn't possible.

isabella was slightly apprehensive to enter the throne room, knowing their would be dancing, music and festivities waiting for them. her dress was beautiful. it was a royal blue colour, off the shoulder and sleeveless with butterflies sewed across the skirt.

"are you ready?" arthur asked her as she let out a nervous mumble, causing him to snort and her raise a brow.

"i present to you, prince arthur and princess isabella. the future or camelot." they heard other speak as isabella rolled her eyes. "so dramatic." arthur shook his head as they heard the loud claps and cheers from the people.

they put on a smile as the doors opened and the two walked, as gracefully as they could, through the crowds, shaking hands, accepting the bows and curtesy's, and waving to the people of camelot.

"let the feast begin." king uther spoke as he, arthur and isabella sat at the head of the table, morgana on the end next to isabella and estella and gwen stood by the tables, serving the drinks as isabella hugged estella.

during the feast, merlin had accidentally said how he knew a good magic trick after too many drinks, so uther ordered him to perform one. isabella raised a brow as merlin sent her a look and walked over hesitantly.

the crowd gasped as he managed to get a butterfly, which matched isabella's dress, from her ear as the young princess smiled up at him whilst the people clapped, uther smiling.

"thank you, merlin." she smiled as he bowed, sending her a knowing wink which she laughed at. 

"are you enjoying yourselves?" morgana raised a brow as isabella glanced at arthur who tried to look uninterested, but couldn't help the small smile on his face. "of course we are." isabella answered for him.

"i can't believe you two will be married one day." morgana shook her head as she ate her meal. isabella frowned. "me either...who'd want to marry him?" she whispered, pointing to the prince.

arthur scoffed. "i heard that." 

"you were meant to." isabella smiled at him as he rolled his eyes, but looked amused. "you're lucky to be marrying me, you know." he spoke and she raised a brow.

"is that so?" she asked as morgana giggled slightly, amused. "it is so. the people love me, i'm very handsome, as you know, i'm absolutely hilarious... what more could you want?" he listed as she shook her head.

"merlin is very right. you are an arrogant toe-rag." she teased as morgana raised her hand up, "actually, merlin called him arrogant, you added the toe-rag, your highness." she smirked as isabella sighed.

"same thing."

"that is not the same thing." arthur took a sip of his drink. "i can't believe you called me an arrogant toe-rag." he shook his head and she rolled her eyes.

"you'll get over it." she patted his chest before standing up. "come on, morgana. let's dance! get gwen and estella!" she told her as the two girls got up, getting gwen as estella before making their way to the middle of the room where most people were dancing by now.

the girls all held hands as they danced in circles, letting out laughs of joy as people watched them with small smiles, even uther clapped along to the music with an amused smile.

"you know you'll have to dance with arthur at some point." estella smirked, knowing a cringey slow song will be played by the orchestra at some point.

"oh, don't remind me." isabella said dramatically, pretending to faint as the four girls laughed together. "don't be so ridiculous. you know you love it." morgana teased.

"and him." gwen added as isabella's face dropped. "you're all not funny!" she exclaimed as they laughed once more.

as estella predicted, people began to get into partners to dance to the annoying slow tune as she turned around, and arthur made his way over. "so..."

"so?" isabella raised a brow and he cleared his throat. "shall we...you know. go...dance?" he asked uncertainly as isabella stared at him for a few moments before nodding.

"obviously! come on." she took his hand and dragged him to where everyone was slow dancing, and wrapped her arm around his neck, the other holding his hand as his free hand rested on her waist.

"don't stand on my toes, arty." she said sternly and he chuckled. "i'm bloody brilliant at dancing, bella. you should be the one to be careful and not stand on my toes." he boasted as she shook her head.

"you're very annoying." she admitted as he twirled her around, and he shrugged. "you love it."

cringe !!!!!!!

cringe !!!!!!!