012,

CHAPTER TWELVE, episode nine, excalibur

CHAPTER TWELVE,
episode nine, excalibur.

IT WAS a very exciting day for the people of camelot. almost everyone had wide smiles and danced around the villages as they awaited for the evening. tonight, arthur and isabella would officially be crowned prince and princess of camelot.

arthur was twenty one, and that meant it was officially time for him to be crowned. it was the law that as well as arthur, isabella had to be crowned too, no matter her age, despite being nineteen, to make her and arthur's engagement and crowing of the king and queen official.

isabella had spent most of her day with morgana, gwen and estella dancing with the people of camelot and joining in with the celebrations. she adored her tiara that she had kept from devlin and wore occasionally, but she was excited to have her very own official tiara for camelot.

she spent time with estella getting ready, and ended up wearing a cream colour dress with flowers across the sleeves and neckline, and left her hair down.

"do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this kingdom and it's dominions. according to the statutes customs and laws laid down by your forebears." king uther spoke as isabella and arthur kneeled infront of him.

"i do, sire." arthur answered.

"do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgments?" he asked as they both repeated his words from before. "and do you swear allegiance to camelot...now, and for as long as you shall live?"

"i, arthur pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service and to the protection of this kingdom and its peoples." he spoke as uther smiled and moved to isabella.

"do you, isabella valour, solemnly swear to protect camelot and it's peoples along side arthur pendragon, and put your faith and loyalty's into camelot, and camelot alone, for as long as you shall live and reign in camelot?" king uther asked the girl.

isabella was grateful he bent the rules ever so slightly, so while she was in camelot she put her full loyalty to it, but once she was in devlin, she could rule there as a princess like normal.

"i, isabella valour, swear to protect camelot alongside arthur pendragon. i will protect the people, and put all my loyalty's into camelot for as long as i shall live and reign." she repeated, she caught morgana's eye who beamed at her .

uther nodded and moved to get his crown and her tiara. "now, being of age and heir apparent, from henceforth you shall be crown prince of camelot, and you, isabella: princess of devlin and camelot." he placed them on their heads as the two looked up, and glanced at each other with a smile.