022,

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO, episode five, beauty and the beast part one

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO,
episode five, beauty and the beast part one.

ISABELLA VALOUR felt slightly uncomfortable since coming back from the kidnapping. everyone had been careful when speaking to her or mentioning anything like it. she felt fragile and silly.

uther had ordered more guards on the door. there was absolutely no need for six guards on isabella's door and four more on the corridors leading up to it. morgana had also now been givien four outside her chambers as well.

there was guards stood everywhere around camelot for the next few weeks, worried hengist would come back for them. isabella didn't visit the village, a part of her was grateful uther had forbidden it for the next few days.

however, a month had now past and camelot was slowly becoming back to normal, and the guards on door lessened.

a woman and her servant arrived in camelot looking for help. they came with the seal of the house of tragor and uther was, naturally, interested in them. apparently, the woman had the title of a lady.

isabella, uther, morgana and arthur sat on their thrones, gwen and estella each side of the two girls as the woman and man came into the throne room.

uther stood up in shock, "lady catrina, is it really you?" he asked as the woman walked in with a sad look.

"i can hardly believe it myself." she replied, bowing for the royals.

"we heard tidings from the north that the house of tragor had fallen to invaders." the king said gently as catrina nodded sadly.

"all that you heard was true, my lord. and worse." lady catrina whispered in sadness, but slight desperation.

"your father...the king?" the king asked in shock as catrina shook her head and tears filled her cold eyes.

"gone, sire. the enemy attacked without warning. we were outnumbered five to one. he could not endure. i would never have survived had it not been for my faithful servant jonas." she whispered, motioning to the man who stood behind her.

the king sent him a respectful nod which surprised isabella. "but we did survive. and we have made it this far—" catrina cut herself off by 'fainting' slightly as uther caught her, arthur stepped forward and morgana stood up.

isabella felt slightly bad she hadn't reacted for the poor woman, but she couldn't help but have suspicions. she had heard all the way back in france that the house of tragor had been destroyed. including catrina.