003,

CHAPTER THREEepisode two, valiant

CHAPTER THREE
episode two, valiant.

ISABELLA VALOUR walked up to the stand where uther, morgana and herself would be sat as they watched the tournament. uther and morgana greeted her with a bow of their heads which she returned, before sitting down on her throne.

the crowd began to cheer and applaud as isabella made sure to join in, estella and gwen were sat near herself and morgana, so they made small conversation whilst they waited for the knights.

isabella tilted her head as she noticed arthur eyeing somebody, she followed where he was looking to see a man staring at them with a slight smirk. he had a yellow cloak and three serpents embroidered onto his chest and shield.

uther stood up and walked down towards each of the knights from different kingdoms. "knights of the realm, it's a great honour to welcome you to the tournament at camelot. over the next three days, you will come to put your bravery to the test, your skills as warriors, and of course, to challenge the reigning champion: my son, prince arthur."

isabella smiled lightly at the mention of the prince's name, to which arthur sent her an arrogant smirk, raising a brow as she rolled her eyes.

"only one can have the honour of being crowned champion. and he will receive a prize of one thousand gold pieces." uther began as one of the guards opened the chest with the gold as the crowd gasped in awe.

"it is in combat that we learn a knights true nature: whether he is indeed a warrior...or a coward. the tournament begins!" he yelled, raising his arm as the crowd cheered once again.

isabella noticed the knight in yellow sending a nod with a slight smirk towards morgana, and she smiled. "it seems you have an admirer." she spoke, amusement laced in her tone as morgana chuckled in disbelief.

"definitely not, your majesty. he was looking at you earlier." she raised her brows as isabella laughed, titling her head back.

"and then he saw the glare from prince arthur and looked away." gwen added with a smirk.

the four girls all laughed at the girls words and watched as arthur prepares to start off the tournament. "are you nervous?" morgana asked.

"i have faith in the prince...however, since it is my first tournament in camelot, so of course i am slightly nervous. but my excitement is taking over." isabella smiled, her eyes not leaving arthur.

uther joined them and sat down in the middle, sending a nod to morgana and isabella who bowed their heads slightly. the crowd cheered loudly as the tournament began.