023,

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE, episode six, beauty and the beast, part two

episode six, beauty and the beast, part two.

ISABELLA VALOUR was coming up with a plan. the wedding was over, yes, but uther had not decided on giving catrina the title of heir to the throne. so, she would stay until he did.

however, the lady catrina had told king uther that her fathers seal had gone missing...she said it was stolen.

hundreds of guards searched camelot, people's homes, gaius's chambers—apparently merlin was a suspect. isabella rushed to arthur's chambers where she knew arthur was, to see merlin working.

she rushed over and gave him a hug, which confused him, but he awkwardly hugged back. "what's this about?" he asked in confusion.

"you need to get out of here!" arthur exclaimed quietly as he also ran inside.

"what?" merlin frowned, slightly concerned that arthur and isabella wanted him to get out of arthur's chambers.

"the king has ordered arthur to arrest you." isabella told him as merlin's eyes widened. "but what for?"

"catrina has accused you of taking her seal." arthur said as he walked closer to them, trying to think of a plan.

"but i didn't." merlin panicked as isabella nodded. "we believe you merlin." she replied.

"i don't want to know, and you haven't got time to explain." arthur said as he looked through a door in his chambers. "if you value your life, you will leave camelot right now."

"no! can he not simply hide here?" isabella asked in disbelief.

"isabella, would you rather have him killed or simply leave camelot?" arthur asked, still looking for a way for merlin to escape.

"they are both awful options."

"arthur, bella, she is a troll!" merlin exclaimed as arthur pulled him to the door. "she is trying to set me up."

arthur sighed as he looked at merlin and isabella who both looked at him with pleading eyes. "we've been through this." he said, unsure of what to do.

"i'm telling the truth." merlin continued, a serious look on his face. "i saw her."

a knock was at the door as arthur sighed, "i don't care. you need to leave, merlin." he said, eyes going from the door back to their friend.

"sire!" the guards knocked loudly.

"go." arthur said, ignoring the sadness in merlin's eyes.