016,

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, episode thirteen, le morte d'arthur

CHAPTER SIXTEEN,
episode thirteen, le morte d'arthur.

ARTHUR, MERLIN and the knights came back to camelot one day after their hunting trip, concerned and shaken up after an encounter with a deadly beast. arthur called an audience with the king who invited gaius to join them so he could understand what the creature was.

"the creature you describe has all the characteristics of the questing beast." gaius spoke after hearing arthur's description who pulled a face, almost mocking the old man.

isabella noticed he liked to pull rather strange faces when he was confused, it was quite amusing to her.

"surely that is a myth?" he replied, unbelieving of gaius's answer.

"he is telling the truth. according to the old books, the appearance of the questing beast is supposed to foreshadow a time of great..." princess isabella spoke up as they all turned to face her, seeing her struggle to find the english word. "upheaval."

"you know of the beast?" the king asked her as she nodded.

"i have read about it." she explained briefly as the king turned back to gaius, not believing either of them.

"whatever it is, it is spreading panic. the people fear it will enter the city." arthur replied, seeing the disbelieving look on his fathers face at isabella's words.

"then we must kill it. arthur, gather the guards together. you ride at dawn." the king ordered as arthur looked slightly taken aback, but nodded as isabella followed him out.

"i don't think you should do this." she said, catching up to him and merlin, the brunette boy moving to the side so she could walk in between them.

"it cannot be that deadly." arthur replied.

"it is a bad omen, arthur." she tried as the blonde kept walking.

she sighed in frustration and looked up at merlin, "has gaius told you about it?" she asked as merlin shook his head.

"why is everyone in this castle so uneducated!?" she suddenly exclaimed which made the dark haired boy jump as arthur rolled his eyes at his servant.

she looked slightly startled at her own words, but continued, "ask gaius to tell you about this beast so we can convince the arrogant prince to stand down." she said, sending a sarcastic curtesy to arthur before turning around to leave, her hair almost smacking merlin in the face.

"she is so dramatic and infuriating sometimes." arthur complained as merlin chuckled at him, causing arthur to turn around to glare.