031,

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE, episode one, the tears of uther pendragon, part one

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE,
episode one, the tears of uther pendragon,
part one.

ISABELLA VALOUR waited in the throne room for what felt like days. she hadn't moved from her spot by the window ever since they left again.

arthur, merlin and the knights of camelot had been on a quest to find morgana for a year now. they returned every day, and sometimes every few days, but each time they returned, they returned with fewer men.

the princess, who was now twenty one, stared out of the window with a solemn expression on her face, her fingers gently tracing the emerald ring arthur pendragon had gifted her on her last birthday.

"your grace?" a voice broke her from her thoughts. isabella turned her head to see gaius walking in with a sympathetic expression on his face.

"yes?" she asked, her gaze moving back to the window.

"you must eat something. you have been staring at the window for two days now. it is remarkable you haven't died, my dear." he attempted to joke, walking over to her.

"i am waiting for arthur, merlin and morgana to return." she told him honestly, causing gaius to sigh.

"my dear, morgana has been missing for a year now. forgive me for saying, but do you not see? there is a chance she may have—" the court physician began to explain, however isabella lifted her hand to stop him.

"i understand." she nodded, turning to him with an unreadable expression.

"i wish for the king to stop sending our knights on this quest. arthur and merlin are at risk every day." she spoke distantly, a frown on her face as gaius nodded along with her words.

"i know. me too. it won't be long, isabella." he promised her, quickly patting her hand and walking away.

the princess sighed and let the servants set the table for dinner, leaving to return to her chambers . "still no sign of them?" estella asked worriedly as isabella shook her head.

"no. but come on. let us get ready for dinner."

isabella was dressed and ready for dinner not long after their conversation, but before she could leave, there was a knock at the door. she opened it to reveal sir leon.

her heart immediately dropped. was this good news or bad news?

"your grace," he bowed, "there is someone who wishes to see you." he told her, biting back a smile as he remembered he was told to stay professional by the king.

"is it arthur?" she asked him worriedly as sir leon shook his head, and motioning to morgana's chambers.

the knight opened the door and a gasp escaped isabella's lips as she found morgana lying in her bed with a frightened look on her face. "izzie!" morgana gasped in relief as isabella rushed over to hug her.