036,

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX,episode five, the crystal cave

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX,
episode five, the crystal cave.

PRINCESS ISABELLA was horrified when arthur and merlin finally returned later than they said they would, merlin looked like he had seen a spirit, and arthur had a wound on his back, which luckily had healed.

"what on earth happened? you nearly missed the celebrations." she exclaimed, bringing the two of them in for hugs as arthur sighed.

"we were being chased by bandits... apparently i had an arrow in my back, but all i can feel is a slight bruise. merlin on the other hand looks like a startled stoat." arthur responded sarcastically.

"at least i don't look like a bone-idled... toad." merlin snapped back as isabella laughed quietly.

"you are saying i look like a toad?" arthur scoffed.

"yeah. and one day, maybe you will transform into a handsome prince. but, since magic is outlawed i doubt that will
happen." merlin said tiredly, a distant look in his eye.

"well, what a lovely adventure." isabella said sarcastically, arms crossed as she looked at the both of them. "now you have to go and tell the king why you are late."

the three of them walked into the throne room and isabella sat next to the king on her throne while arthur explained what happened and merlin stood five steps back.

"the bandits must have some kind of strong hold somewhere in the white mountains. how we escaped, i'll never know. although, some credit must go to my servant merlin." arthur began to explain, uther practically ignored the last sentence.

"dispatch a patrol." uther began, not noticing estella roll her eyes at merlin not getting any credit. she smiled at merlin, who still looked distantly traumatised. "i want these men caught and brought to justice."

"immediately, father." arthur nodded.

"for a moment we feared you might miss lady morgana's birthday."'uther smiled as morgana stood up with a smile and walked in step with them.

"it'll take more than a bunch of thieves to keep arthur from such a feast." isabella remarked with a small grin towards the prince.

arthur scoffed out a laugh, but nodded. "true. very true." he smiled.

isabella walked in step with morgana to leave the throne room, wrapping her arm around hers. "tomorrow promises to be quite a night." the princess said to the lady.

morgana smiled, although it looked a little like a smirk. "indeed it will."

isabella raised a brow at the strangely cryptic girl, and carried on walking.