008,

CHAPTER EIGHT, episode five, lancelot

CHAPTER EIGHT,
episode five, lancelot.

A CREATURE of the night had attacked a village near camelot, and once merlin came back after seeing the beast in the forest and telling arthur, uther and the prince left to see the fallen village.

once they returned, the king had immediately ordered for more guards on lookout then normal, he wanted camelot to be ready incase the beast attacked their city. that meant even more guards stood outside isabella's chambers.

"right, you jumped-up dung beetle! this is it." the blonde boy spoke sarcastically as he stood outside the castle at the training ground for the third time that month, with many people watching as a man tried to beat arthur in a battle, to see if their was any chance he could become a knight.

isabella didn't really understand what was going on, but because of the king's orders, wherever arthur went in public, she went. besides, it usually was quite amusing when the prince was in public.

"your final test! pass this, and you're a knight of camelot." arthur continued as isabella caught merlin's eye, who was stood next to an unfamiliar young man, and waved at the young warlock.

the unknown man next to merlin's eyes widened and he smacked merlin's chest a couple of times and pointed to isabella who raised a brow, amused.

merlin blinked and glanced over at isabella, and returned the wave as the man next to him looked stunned, quietly exclaiming, "you know the princess?!"

merlin laughed and started walking towards isabella, gesturing for the man to follow, which he did quickly. "—fail, and you're no one." arthur finished as merlin reached isabella.

"your majesty," merlin greeted with a small smile, bowing his head as she returned it. "merlin. i'm so pleased you're well again. who might you be?" she asked.

the unknown man widened his eyes and bowed, isabella thought that if he bowed any more his nose would be on the floor, but she smiled in return nevertheless. "your majesty, my name is lancelot."

"it's lovely to meet you, lancelot. my name is isabella." she introduced. "how do you know merlin?" she asked curiously.

"lancelot saved my life in the woods from the beast." merlin told her as isabella looked impressed. "interesting." she smiled before glancing over at arthur again.

"you face the most feared of all foes, the ultimate killing machine. you face me." arthur spoke as he faced the young man about to fight him.

isabella let out an amused laugh, "so dramatic." she shook her head. "and arrogant, don't forget." merlin added as isabella let out a hum in agreement.