028,

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT, episode eleven, the witch's quickening

episode eleven, the witch's quickening.

ISABELLA WOKE up to someone pounding on her door. she sat up, staring at the door for a few moments before finally getting up. she answered and saw arthur and a few guards stood there.

"is everything alright?" she asked in confusion.

"i'm sorry, isabella. intruders were sighted around yours and morgana's chambers. are we alright to search them?" arthur asked as she widened her eyes in disbelief.

"of course." she replied, moving aside so they could enter as she frowned. two intruders near hers and morgana's chambers?

"is morgana alright?" she asked as arthur nodded and stood next to her, watching the others search.

"there's nobody here. my apologises, isabella, goodnight." arthur told her, the guards bowed and left. 

isabella looked around her room nervously as she got back under her duvet, knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep that night. she got back out of her bed, throwing on a robe and slowly creeping out.

she frowned noticing there was no guards on the door, which made her panic even more. she considered going to find arthur and telling him, but didn't want to bother him.

she tapped on morgana's chambers and waited. she frowned hearing voices as the door opened and revealed a slightly distressed morgana. "izzie, are you alright?"

"yes, my apologises, i'm fine. i was just...i can't sleep now knowing about the intruders." she admitted with a worried frown.

"me too. do you want to join me?" morgana asked with a kind smile as isabella nodded and headed in.

"you don't know anything about the intruders, do you?" isabella asked worriedly once morgana had joined her.

"no." morgana lied, despite knowing that the two druids were hiding under her bed. morgana had lied a lot to isabella recently, but somehow isabella never noticed.

"good. goodnight ana."

NOTHING WAS spoken about the next morning to do with the intruders. guards were on the lookout, but uther refused to talk. probably to worried.

on that note, isabella hadn't seen morgana all day. it wasn't until late that night when the warning bell went off that isabella started to worry.

she sighed, ignoring the king's orders of isabella staying in her room until morning and got dressed, heading out. she searched throughout the castle for arthur, since he wasn't in his chambers and neither was merlin.