032,

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO, episode two, the tears of uther pendragon part two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO,
episode two, the tears of uther pendragon part two.

THE KING was growing weaker. it had been a few days, and merlin had been missing ever since he left the throne room. arthur was not giving up on the king, and refused to listen to anyone who had.

somehow, merlin had returned the next morning however it seemed everyone had been struggling with merlin's disappearance since arthur's room was a mess.

"what happened?!" isabella exclaimed as she walked into arthur's chambers, hearing him and merlin bickering about something. "have we been attacked?"

merlin began to laugh loudly, causing arthur to flare at them both. "no! no i just wasn't here to tidy his room for a day!"

"you are unbelievably messy." she scoffed, before turning to merlin. "where were you?"

merlin's face fell slightly as he contemplated wether or not he should tell her that morgana was on morgause's side and they attempted to kill him. "in the tavern." he blurted as she scoffed, shaking her head and walking away.

"morgana has been acting very strange," she said thoughtfully to merlin as they left arthur's chambers.

he gulped, "you think so?"

"she hasn't spoken to me in a while." isabella hummed. "oh well, im sure she's simply worried about the king."

merlin grimaced but smiled and nodded. he knew isabella would have a bad feeling about it, however, she also for some reason believed that morgana wouldn't betray them again.

they went to the throne room where sir leon had some news. "i estimate that they will reach the kingdom within two days." he told them. there was an army planning to attack them and they were on there way.

"whose banner do they march?" arthur asked.

"cenred, sire." sir leon responded as isabella shook her head. "we knew he was an amassing army."

"how many men?" arthur asked.

"twenty thousand, maybe more."

"do you not think this is suspicious? the king becomes ill and all of a sudden we have an army planning to attack at the same time?" isabella spoke up, looking at the map where the army were currently at.

"what are you saying?" arthur asked.

"we kept the news of the king's sickness to everyone in this room. there must be someone who has told others and it has spread beyond our boarders. cenred will know the king is weak and that is the perfect time to attack" she continued, looking around the room at everyone. nobody noticed morgana hiding in the shadows.