037,

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN,episode seven, the castle of fyrien

episode seven, the castle of fyrien.

THE PRINCESS of devlin and camelot called upon the king to meet with her in the throne room early one morning. he sat on his throne as she walked in with a small smile, estella following behind her.

"sire." the two of them bowed, making the king stand up and greet them.

"how can i help you two?"

"well, it is estella's birthday in two days time. we were both wanting...hoping if there was a possibility we could return to devlin to celebrate with her family. we both miss them dearly and wouldn't want to celebrate without them." the princess spoke softly, holding estella's hands as the king listened.

he chuckled, "you never need to ask to return back to devlin. it is your home. yes, camelot is too, however you were born and grew up in devlin. i may be turning soft in my old age, but yes, of course you may go." he granted, laughing when the two girls hugged each other happily.

they both thanked the king, estella about thirty times in one minute, before turning to rush off the pack. "and estella?" the king called out.

the maid turned to the king, who's naturally stern face fell into a smile. "happy birthday."

"thank you, sire. and you...uhm...for when your birthday is." she rambled, messing up her words as isabella laughed at the girl.

"go and say goodbye to merlin, i'll find arthur." isabella chuckled as estella nodded happily.

she soon found him, sitting in his chambers eating some lunch and responding to a letter from his friends in a welsh kingdom. "arthur." the princess smiled, taking a seat opposite him and reaching to hold his hand.

"isabella, you look happy." her smile reflected onto his as she chuckled.

"as you may have heard, it is estella's birthday in two days time. we are returning to devlin to celebrate. i just came to say goodbye, for now." she said, making him raise his brows with a smile.

"well that sounds wonderful. i'm afraid i am going on a hunting trip tonight so i won't be able to join you. is that okay?" he asked as she nodded immediately.

"of course, another time perhaps." she smiled, getting up. "i am going to say goodbye to ana and merlin."

she found morgana with gwen in her chambers, staring at the window distantly. gwen curtsied when seeing her, which made morgana turn to look. "hello." she said softly, "i just came to tell you i am leaving for a few days. i am returning home to devlin for estella's birthday."