010,

CHAPTER TEN, episode seven, the gates of avalon

CHAPTER TEN,
episode seven, the gates of avalon.

MORGANA WOKE up with a loud scream, so loud isabella heard it from her chambers one morning. the princess got out of bed with frown, still in her nightgown and opened the door opposite her chambers to see morgana sat up in bed with wide eyes.

"ana, what is it?" the princess whispered worriedly, sitting down on the young pendragon's bed.

"arthur..." morgana whispered, looking up to meet isabella's gaze. "izzie, he's going to die."

isabella sat up straighter with a frown. morgana looked traumatised, so she brought her in for a hug and listened to the girls nightmare. "there was a woman... standing over arthur. watching him drown."

"surely it was just a nightmare, morgana." isabella tried to comfort the girl who shook her head.

"it felt so real..."

"i will go and check on him for you, alright?" isabella promised and morgana nodded breathlessly, finding comfort in the princess's soothing french accent.

isabella quickly got dressed with the help of estella, choosing a light pink gown which had silk sleeves and made her way to arthur's chambers, but before she could, one of the guards told her that uther requested her in the throne room.

the throne room doors opened, slightly dramatically, and the guards bowed their heads as isabella walked further in, frowning slightly when she noticed two people stood in front of the king and arthur. the two unknown people turned around, and they were revealed to be a young woman and an elder man.

"princess isabella," uther greeted with a nod as she sent him a smile, walking over to them. the younger pendragon's bowed in respect, and so did a few knights who were in the room.

"what is going on?" she asked, eyeing the woman and elder man.

the younger woman's eyes narrowed at isabella, and the princess raised a brow at her facial expression. the elder man glanced at a knight, who had gestured for the two of them to bow or curtsy as a sign of respect to the princess, so the two unknown people did so hesitantly.

isabella joined arthur who sent her a smile and took her hand, sitting down on their thrones next to each other as the unknown man introduced himself. "my name is aulfric, heir of tirmawr. this is my daughter sophia."

"you're a long way from home." uther acknowledged, "what brings you to camelot?"

"our home was sacked by raiders. we barely escaped with what few possessions we could carry." the man told them, isabella sent a smile to estella who walked in to stand next to merlin.