029,

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE, episode twelve, the fire's of idirsholas

episode twelve, the fire's of idirsholas.

please read authors note at the end xx

THE PRINCESS of devlin and camelot will never feel the same way again after the events that will happen in the near future. the betrayal that was in the midst would hurt her more than anything.

isabella was currently sat on her throne after someone requesting an audience with the king about a sighting. "i'm a herder from the northern plain, sire." the man began.

"three nights back we were camped beneath the walls of idirsholas." he continued as king uther cut him off.

"i'm not sure i would have chosen such a place." he commented with slight amusement.

"good pasture is scarce at this time of year, sire." the man continued.

"what is it you have to tell me?" the king asked tiredly.

"while we were there, we saw smoke rising from the citadel." the man told him, as uther glanced at gaius.

"and did you see anything else?" gaius asked him curiously.

"no." the man replied.

"did you go inside?" uther asked.

"no, nobody has stepped over that threshold for three hundred years." the man replied.

"what is threshold?" isabella asked arthur in confusion.

"like an entrance to somewhere." he tried to explain as she nodded slowly.

"you must know the legend, sire." the man looked back at the king, as if he was trying to hint to something.

"when the fires of idirsholas burn, the knights of medhir will ride again." gaius told the king, who was unsure of the legend.

the king nodded slowly and stood up. "see to it this man is fed and has a bed for the night." he ordered as sir leon nodded and took the man away.

"take a ride out there." uther then turned to arthur who frowned. "why?" he asked his father.

"so we can put peoples minds at rest." the king replied as arthur pulled a judgmental face.

"surely this is superstitious nonsense." he responded.

"gather the guards and do as i say." uther replied before walking out.