030,

CHAPTER THIRTY, episode thirteen, the last dragon lord

CHAPTER THIRTY,
episode thirteen, the last dragon lord.

MORGANA PENDRAGON was still missing. it had been three nights since. isabella hadn't slept at all, for both reasons—the fact morgana hadn't returned, and the fact that three nights ago, merlin decided to free the great dragon and three nights ago, it backfired. isabella valour had woken up to the sound of the warning bell, screaming, glass shattering and estella's yells for her to get out of bed.

kilgharah was attacking the kingdom. and he wouldn't stop. people were dying. living in camelot wasn't safe anymore. isabella didn't understand how a dragon she trusted with her life could do this to them all.

all he spoke about to her, and even merlin, was how it was her destiny to rule camelot, but with him attacking it every night and killing people, she didn't understand how that would be able to happen.

"gaius, we have no water left." isabella announced as she walked back to the physician empty handed. a third night of no sleep.

"isabella, i know what you're thinking. you cannot! it is too dangerous to go out there." he replied instantly.

"gaius, you are amazing, but you cannot tell me what to do." she said, before dashing off to the courtyard, ignoring his yells.

"oh, bloody hell. the future queen is going to die and i'll have to tell arthur and uther that i let her go to get bloody water. i'm too old for this..." gaius mumbled, clutching his back in pain.

isabella raced outside with the bucket, hurrying to the water fountain. she ignored any people shouting at her to get back inside or any guards calling for arthur and began to fill the bucket with water.

"if i die for this." she muttered bitterly, wiping away the sweat that had trickled down her forehead.

"clear the square!" she heard arthur tell.

"isabella bloody valour, of course it's you!" arthur exclaimed as he rushed over to see who was still there, bringing her in for a kiss, isabella was shocked, but kissed back.

"thanks, but now, shove off! we need water!" she exclaimed, filling it to the top.

"isabella!" he yelled again, which caught her attention. she looked up to see the dragon circling her. arthur, of course, didn't realise she knew the dragon and thought he was going to attack her.

before she could move, arthur had practically shoved her to the ground along with him underneath a barrel. unfortunately, the great dragon's claw had caught his chest and he let out a yell in pain.