019,

CHAPTER NINETEEN, episode two, the once and future queen

CHAPTER NINETEEN,
episode two, the once and future queen.

ARTHUR, ISABELLA and gwen sat awkwardly at the table at gwen's house. gwen had made them dinner and was now sweeping the floor, despite isabella telling her not to.

"it's been a long day." arthur decided to break the silence, taking notice of two beds pushed next to each other. isabella silently scolded gwen for that, knowing she did that on purpose.

"i think i will turn in for the night. is this my bed? and isabella's bed here?" he asked, motioning to the two beds as gwen looked up, she looked as if she tried not to cry.

"yes, of course." she replied. "i hope you'll be comfortable. i'm sorry it is not much." she replied as isabella smiled widely at her.

"it's very comfortable. thank you, gwen. where are you staying?" she asked with a frown, noticing her house was quite small.

"oh, my bed is through there." gwen pointed to where a makeshift curtain was.

"okay, well, goodnight, gwen." isabella smiled, giving her a hug before getting into her own bed. merlin hadn't brought her a nightgown so it seemed she would be wearing the same dress she wore all day to bed.

"goodnight isabella." arthur said awkwardly as she laid as far away as possible from him.

"goodnight arthur." she replied just as awkward, gwen chuckled quietly at the interaction from in her makeshift bed. which was actually sacks of grain since she usually slept in the bed that arthur was in, and she had to smuggle an extra one for isabella.

ISABELLA WOKE up the next morning to arthur's snores, making her roll her eyes. it was the first day of the tournament, so she made sure to wake arthur up early.

after they were ready, merlin met them outside. isabella and arthur had their cloaks on as they walked to the tent. merlin and isabella watched as uther and morgana walked up to the stage. she frowned slightly seeing her empty throne.

arthur stood behind them, waiting. all william had to do was ride out with the other knights for introductions and at the very end, whilst arthur would be the one to take part in the tournament.

isabella laughed slightly seeing william unable to keep his horse stand straight. the king did his usual boring speech as william tried to hush the horse, awkwardly patting its head.

he came back and handed arthur the helmet. "they're ready for you, sire." william said as arthur took it and put it on, before heading out.