018,

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN , episode two, the once and future queen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ,
episode two, the once and future queen.

THE PRINCESS of valour and camelot watched nervously with merlin as arthur practiced jousting for the upcoming tournament. no one had ever beaten arthur, which was reassuring.

"how is estella?" merlin asked curiously, looking anywhere but isabella as he kicked the stones beneath them.

she smiled up at him, "she is well. she's in the village if you'd like to speak with her. confess your love, perhaps?" she raised a brow teasingly.

merlin rolled his eyes at the girl, "i was only wondering. and i certainly do not love her." he muttered.

the girl chuckled before glancing back to the scene in front of them, wincing as arthur's lance hit a knight in the face, as he fell down onto the floor. "that has got to hurt." merlin said in disbelief as arthur looked annoyed.

"that's the point, merlin. it is not a pillow fight." the prince of camelot rolled his eyes at the servant who fought the urge not to drag arthur off his horse.

"bring me another lance will you?" he asked as he went up against sir leon this time. sir leon was one of isabella's favourite knights. he was a truly loyal man and was always friendly to her .

however this time, the sun reflected in arthur's eyes as he had to look away, so sir leon immediately moved the lance away so he wouldn't hit him. arthur got off his horse in annoyance, turning to the knights.

"why did you pull out? i was wide open. you could have unhorsed me." he exclaimed to sir leon who looked at the prince, and then the other knights awkwardly.

"i was fearful that i might injure you, sire." the blonde replied as arthur scoffed at him.

"you had the advantage! you cannot afford to hesitate." arthur replied, waving his arms slightly as isabella watched curiously.

"i would not have done if i were facing a different opponent." sir leon told arthur who's eyes filled siri realisation.

"you are the future king, my lord." he finished as arthur looked at him in disbelief, and slight betrayal.

"you jousted against me in the tournament last year. are you saying you let me win?" arthur stepped closer as sir leon blinked and looked away, shaking his head.

"no, my lord." he replied quickly.

arthur turned to look at the other knights in slight anger. "it does not matter who i am. i do not expect any special treatment from you, from any of you! is that understood?" he exclaimed as the other knights shared a look before nodding.