002,

CHAPTER TWO,episode one, the dragons call

CHAPTER TWO,
episode one, the dragons call.

PRINCESS ISABELLA and the lady morgana stood by one of the windows, looking out to the courtyard. they had small frowns on their faces as they watched uther bring out a man for practicing enchantments.

"let this serve as a lesson to you all," the king began. "this man, thomas james collins, is adjudged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. and under the laws of camelot, these practices are banned by my royal command. i pride myself as a fair and just king, but for a crime this malevolent, there is only one sentence i can pass."

"i shall never understand it, izzie." morgana whispered as isabella shook her head with a upset look. "he didn't do any harm...just practiced small enchantments." the princess agreed.

isabella valour had been at camelot for six months now, and had already settled in nicely. her and morgana were the best of friends, almost sisters, and she was close with most of the people of camelot. they loved having the princess around. especially since isabella would always walk around the village to speak to the people.

it hadn't quite fully sunk in that the young princess were to marry arthur and become the queen one day, but she noticed wherever she went, multiple guards would follow distantly behind, she had many guards outside her chambers every night without fail, and when she went to ride her horse, two guards, and two knights, usually including arthur, would acompany her.

she understood why, of course. herself and arthur were the future of camelot.

"are you two still complaining about this?" arthur pendragon rolled his eyes with a small smile as he walked over to them.

"we just don't think it's fair." morgana turned him. arthur hummed, crossing his arms as he looked out of the window.

"i understand, morgana, isabella, but you know what the king says, goes." he spoke.

"i hope when you both rule camelot you will change the laws. or i might just have to become evil and steal the throne for myself." morgana smiled, a mischievous glint in her eye as both arthur and isabella chuckled, not thinking anything of it.

"it is about time there was queen around here." isabella hummed as she glanced back to uther thoughtfully.

just as the man had been beheaded, all three of them winced as they looked away. "when i came to this land the kingdom was in chaos but we changed all that. with your help, the dragons were defeated and magic driven from the realm. so, i declare this week a holiday to celebrate ten years of my reign, ten years since the great dragon was captured."