027,

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN, episode x, the princess's birthday

episode x, the princess's birthday.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" princess isabella heard as she squinted her eyes, sitting up to reveal morgana, gwen and estella standing over her with gifts and flowers.

the princess beamed, flinging her arms around them as they moved to sit on her bed. "you're twenty. so very old!" morgana teased, mocking disgust as isabella sent her a teasingly annoyed look.

"well, thank you, my lovely's." she smiled as they handed her a few boxes, gwen and estella having already put flowers in the vases.

"the king has been complaining that everything is not yet perfect for you. ordering servants about—pretty sure he threatened to execute one because the flowers were the wrong colour." morgana rolled her eyes as they all began to giggle.

"i'm surprised he cares so much." isabella admitted with a giggle. she opened morgana's first, which was a new dress. it was a beautiful red colour with diamonds across the laced sleeves and neckline. it was fit for a queen. "i thought you might wear it tonight?" morgana asked, beaming with excitement.

"oh, ana, it's beautiful." isabella whispered in shock, her hands trailing across the dress as morgana clapped.

"now mine and gwen's! dépêche-toi!" hurry up! estella said impatiently, shoving the box into isabella's arms as the girls all laughed again.

estella and gwen had made her a bracelet. it had different old shells threaded on, and in the middle was i, s, g and a engraved on in small writing. izzie, stella, gwen and ana—isabella guessed they went to the blacksmith for it.

"and look! we all have one!" gwen held up her wrist to show her that they all had one too.

isabella smiled widely, slipping it onto her wrist without a second thought. "thank you. it is beautiful. i will never take it off."

"neither shall i." morgana smiled.

"—is she up yet?" an impatient arthur pendragon knocked on the door repeatedly as the girls rolled their eyes.

"i'm not going out like this." isabella muttered, motioning to her bed hair and night gown.

"just a moment!" estella called out as they searched through isabella's wardrobe to find an outfit, deciding to save the red dress for the evening.

gwen found a blue dress with sleeves, a gold pattern across the sleeves and neckline, which was just above her chest. as estella brushed isabella's hair, isabella couldn't help but notice gwen eyeing one of her dresses in disbelief.