025,

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE, episode eight, the sins of the father

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE,
episode eight, the sins of the father.

KING UTHER stood in front of his soon to be knights one evening as everyone watched patiently. isabella sat on her throne next to arthur who was stood, as she watched, hoping something exciting would happen.

"arise, sir vidor, knight of camelot." the king spoke, "arise, sir cardioc, knight of camelot." he finished.

"you have been accorded a great honour. with that honour comes great responsibility. from this day forth, you are sworn to live by the knights' code. you, who pledge to conduct yourselves with nobility, honour, and respect. your word is your sacred bond." he continued as isabella felt herself almost falling asleep in boredom.

it was far too late at night for a boring knighthood ceremony.

uther spoke some more about arthur and how he is a great example—until the throne room doors burst open, a knight of some kind heading in. everyone raised their swords as morgana and isabella were pulled away from the knight's reach.

arthur stepped towards them challengingly. the knight simply took off their gauntlet and threw it to the floor, challenging arthur to a fight. arthur picked it up without hesitation. "i accept your challenge. if i'm to face you in combat, do me the courtesy of revealing your identity?"

the knight shrugged slightly, their hands reaching up to tug at the helmet they were wearing. isabella looked stunned as long golden curls fell out of the helmet and down the knights back. it was a woman. "does she look familiar to you?" morgana asked quietly.

isabella glanced at her, shaking her head no.

arthur blinked awkwardly. now he was going to have to fight a woman!

"my name is morgause." the woman spoke boldly, as if she wasn't threatened at all by the many swords at her throat.

"you are sure you recognise her?" isabella asked as morgana nodded with a frown, trying to work out who she was.

the people in the room went their separate ways, morgause going to train for the fight in the morning as isabella walked in step with arthur. "what's the frown for?" she asked.

he glanced down at her, "how am i supposed to fight a woman?"

"i think you're worried she will beat you. imagine the great arthur pendragon loosing and dying to a girl! oh, wait...that's already happened with me and morgana." she grinned teasingly as arthur rolled his eyes.

"i think i'd rather walk into the mouth of hell than be beaten by a woman." arthur mumbled bitterly as it was isabella's turn to roll her eyes.