033,

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE, episode two, goblin's gold

episode two, goblin's gold.

PRINCESS ISABELLA walked through the courtyard of camelot as merlin came practically galloping past her, almost shoving her over in the process.

"merlin! come back here." she exclaimed after steadying herself.

"can't! in a hurry, goodbye!" the boy yelled back, running into the castle as she scoffed in disbelief.

"oh, no you don't!" she yelled back, causing merlin to yelp and run faster as she chased him up the stairs.

she chased him all the way to arthur's chambers, just as arthur was entering himself. they found merlin on the floor by arthur's bed, the prince's chambers in a mess. "merlin, i really hope for your sake, you have a good explanation for this." arthur scoffed.

"you think hiding under the bed will save you, you little toad! you almost knocked me over!" isabella cut the prince off, who raised his brows, looking between the two of them with a sigh.

"i wasn't! i didn't! i do have an explanation! a good one!" merlin scrambled out as isabella stared at him in annoyance.

"explanation for what, may i ask? almost knocking me out or hiding under the bed and messing up arthur's room?" isabella readjusting her tiara and put her hands on her hips.

merlin stood up with a wide smile. "i am spring cleaning."

"one, it is not spring and it certainly isn't clean in here. and two, you may be cleaning however you nearly killed me for what reason exactly?" isabella sassed as merlin's face dropped and he gasped.

"killed you? don't be dramatic." he pointed a finger, one hand on his hip as arthur blinked slowly, "i merely nudged you. and two, it's not clean because i've only just started."

"uh, okay, and then what after you nudged me? what happened then? huh? i called you back and you continued to gallop away like a horse! an injured one at that since you are a very slow runner." she smiled, proud of herself for the insult. inside, merlin was also proud at how far her english was coming along, but he enjoyed teasing her.

"well—"

"okay, okay, enough. please, i think im getting a headache listening to you both bicker. merlin, knock isabella out again and you'll be beheaded." arthur sighed, it was his turn to put a hand on his hip, merlin gasped at his words.

the door suddenly opened slightly, but none of them took any notice. "okay, you wait until i finish cleaning. it will be clean as spring. you'll be able to eat dinner off the floor."