THE HEALING AT THE POOL~A SIMLITUDE TO HUNGER

Good morning people. I would love to share my perspective from John chapter  5. There are four points/ lessons which I extracted from the scripture that produces result for one who seeks to be whole.

1. HUNGER: A lot of you might be wondering how the story of the healing at the pool is a similitude to hunger, but before you turn away, I want us to visit verses 3 of chapter 5 of the book of John.
"In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving  of the water"
We see that a multitude of the sons of God were patiently waiting for the moving of the water,
Why did they wait?
When you are hungry and the food isn't ready you wait right?
So we see that the multitude were waiting for the food of water to be done by the angel of the LORD as we see in verses 4 of chapter 5.
LESSON: YOU WAIT IN THE PERIOD OF HUNGER, PATIENCE IS KEY.

2. PREPARATION: An hunger for an encounter is expected to influence the action we take towards having that encounter right? I believe hunger is expectedly meant to overflow into influencing our action and that action is called preparation.
Now imagine a young boy coming back from his so many hours of playing football, thirsty and hungry just running home, where do you think he would go first? Probably to get a glass of water or a plate of food but definitely not getting a shower. What influenced his action? Did I hear you say hunger? That's right!
Better still
There are people who when they finish a fast the way they munch their food is evident that they have been thinking of that food all through the period of the fast. What influenced their action? Hunger!
Now can you imagine how much gravity the multitude would have put in running into the pool knowing it was the first person that got in that would get the healing? Verses 4 of chapter 5.
"For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatever disease he had"
Can you imagine them already out of their clothes in preparation to be the first to dive into the pool of healing?
LESSON: YOU PREPARE IN THE PERIOD OF HUNGER.

3. ENCOUNTER: When you are hungry, you are open to having encounters,  having gone through the right process as mentioned above. An encounter is birthed by faith.
What is faith? Hebrews  11 vs 1 defines faith as the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Laying emphasis on the man who had an infirmity for thirty-eight years we see in verses 8 and 9
When commanded by the Lord Jesus Christ he immediately obeyed "Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up the bed and walk " "And immediately the man was made whole and took up his bed and walked:........" note that he had protested earlier that he had no one to take him into the pool and the same man immediately obeyed the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ. What could have powered that encounter if not faith?
LESSON: AN HUNGRY MAN CAN ONLY ENCOUNTER THE LORD JESUS BY FAITH.

4. NEW LIFE: When you encounter the LORD Jesus your life becomes new. He who is the true bread of life came to give us that bread himself. Whosoever eat and drink of the flesh and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ hath eternal life. John 6 vs 54
When you encounter Jesus you encounter the flesh and the blood.
We see instruction for a new life in the newly healed man in verses 14 of chapter 5 "Afterward Jesus findeth  him in the temple and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."
What was expected of the newly healed man? A new life!
LESSON: A NEW LIFE IS EXPECTED WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

For me, Hunger is a circle. The way you eat 3 square meals, you eat the flesh and drink and blood of the LORD Jesus Christ. But there is an obvious difference between these two food the three square meal is a natural food, The flesh and the blood of the LORD Jesus Christ is food for the spirit. You crave for the other because it is never Satisfying but with that of the LORD Jesus Christ, we thirst no more. Three square meals become waste, the food of the LORD Jesus Christ opens us to spiritual gifts and new dimensions of him, Most importantly it leads us to the Father.

Thanks for reading!

Let's have a conversation in the comment section please, what is your view?

Instagram handle: MorningDoorDevotion