ELIJAH' CONFIDENCE

Good morning People. Welcome to another chapter of Morning Door Devotion. I'm thankful for your consistency, I pray that the spirit of the LORD would move upon this publication and do justice to it in Jesus name. Amen.

Today I would be talking about Elijah' confidence, but before I go on, let's pray. GOOD LORD JESUS we thank you for the grace you have given us. To be alive and to work. We bless you LORD.

SCRIPTURE
1Kings 18:19
"Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table."

Now from the stories of Papa Elijah we see here that he is a no nonsense person. He is always quick to Challenge. There was this trust he had in God. He knew he could just say it and because of Gods integrity, He wouldn't fail him. "The power of faith." or you might want to say " The dominion power of faith(referencing papa Bishop David Oyedepo🙏)" Elijah was a man of God that saw the end of a situation even from the beginning because he understood that he had the power of Word to change things into whatever he wanted it to be and also making reference to God.

Note: Elijah isn't God, He is a strong son of God, A Prophet, A Major Prophet.

Elijah understood the integrity of God and how much God would defend it, so he would say and it would just happen and when it happens it is truth and only a true Prophet of God speaks and it cometh to pass, but do you know that it really cannot come to pass if the Lord is not in support? This is to show that Elijah was intentional about God and God was intentional about being Glorified in Elijah by his prophecies.

Deuteronomy 18:22
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

You see, Papa Elijah knew what pleases God, he understood that when one is not for God then he is against God and he was always ready to reproach them.

So he challenged King Ahab and his men and the way he kept playing with them is so funny, because Elijah knew the end of this, And he kept challenging them to their doom😂
They had no idea what was going on, Papa Just wanted to teach them a lesson 😂

We see Papa mocking them in vs 27 "And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked."

Cry aloud, he is either talking ?? 😂😂😂
A god? So if was talking they had to wait??😂😂
And if he wasn't talking then maybe he was sleeping? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 maybe having some scary nightmares 😂😂😂
And if he wasn't sleeping? Then a god is chasing who and what?? A god? Or in a Journey ????? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh😂😂😂😂
Papa really made fun of them, I can just keep laughing about this all day... enough of the jokes now to save time.

But you see in the Bible Psalm 121 vs 2-3 About MY OWN GOD, YOUR GOD !

My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

That YAWEH doesn't slumber, talk more of Sleeping, and because he is always active you can be confident that help will come, the scripture didn't say that "I think my help will come" it said "my help cometh" it spoke fact, it spoke prophesy, it spoke faith and with confidence. That same help Elijah called for and the LORD came answering by fire and consumed the burnt sacrifice, the wood, the stone and the dust and licked up water that was in the trench.

But Papa noticed something, Oh the LORD consumed the sacrifices but there was just one thing left that he didn't, 😂😂😂 Guess what? "The Prophets of baal"😂

And My No nonsense Papa Elijah bundled them like fire wood and slew them 😂😂. I mean if we start work we must finish it now!. 😂😂

So you see, Elijah carried a very influential spirit, Elijah' fragrance 😭, His presence was prophecy... Do you understand!!! Papa Elijah was not a minor Prophet...Can you discern now why Elisha asked for a double portion of his spirit?

Hmmmmm God is Good and God be Glorified.

I want you to know that Elijah was intentional about God and that is why God didn't fail him.

So talk more of carrying a double portion of Papa' spirit common, You need to be worth it, You have to Proof yourself to God.

I want you all to know something, that the forefathers we read about in the Bible were like us, I mean same body structure, we were literally built the same way... why am I saying this?

I want us to know that there is nothing they did that we cannot do... remember the Bible says that greater works shall we do?

It talks about you and I!
Are you putting in the work?

May the LORD grant us more grace.
I bless you Father for your Word. Thank you for inspiration, I pray your children shall be open to the light of this word In Jesus name Amen.

Thank you for reading. God bless you.
God bless you Papa for being a good example to us. We love love you.

**I remember I said I would recommend some sermons in reference to the previous devotion, please anticipate it, I would definitely fulfill my promise. God bless you**

Amen.💕

Instagram handle: MorningDoorDevotion