WARRIOR/PEACE-MAKER

Good morning LORD, I pray your spirit shall move upon this publication to return all glory to you in Jesus name.
Hello people today I would be sharing with you my observance about the demonstration of the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament and the New Testament.

I guess in the old testament the Holy Spirit was recognized in his powers to be a fighter because we see that when the servant of God went to battle they killed so many of their opponents as the spirit of God helped them, but we don't see the Holy Spirit as that in the new testament rather we see him as a comforter, Helper, Advocate, Peace maker, All thanks to the LORD Jesus Christ.

We see in the old testament that the servants of God moved with so much conviction, courage when going for battles, look at Elijah, Samson, David. A lot of battles took place in that era but when the LORD Jesus came he took our weapons and replaced them with the WORD, THE WORD IS LIFE.

So now when we might get insulted, cheated etc, but we are not allowed to speak such words back to the other party but to respond with the WORD WHICH IS LOVE. In the old testament when one Nation fights another, the other Nation responds in like manner but in the new testament if anything like that happens we are to respond with love because that is the nature of God introduced in that/this era, See Luke 9:49-55. In the old testament you'll see the servants of God would inquire from the LORD if they should go to a battle and he would permit them, David for instance.

We see a different response also at Jesus' arrest, when the ear of one of the adversaries was plucked by one of the disciples, He did not say yes that's good or good for you! He fixed the ear back when the Pharisee and Sadducees kept shading The Christ he didn't reciprocate, he was Godly in his response , For Instance when he was going through the crowd and he was being thrown stones, he didn't wait to retaliate he simply dodged them, he didn't wait and say I would do my own back, In other words we are to resist this kind of people.

To resist means to withstand the action or effect of something or someone.

Glory to Jesus as you end this chapter, I pray for more light to your horizon in Jesus name.

Instagram handle: MorningDoorDevotion