FAITH WITH DESPERATION

Good morning LORD, I thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for creation. I bless you. I thank you for faith and I thank you for desperate faith. I pray your spirit would move upon this publication and would do justice to it in Jesus name.

Good morning people, I trust your night went well.  Today  we would be talking about faith with desperation In reference to the woman with the issue of blood. Luke 8 vs 43:44, and  the sick man who was passed through the roof to get healed by the  LORD Jesus Christ. Mark 2:4.  I pray you would be open to the Light of the word In Jesus Name. amen

What is faith? Faith means the substance of things  hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
You prove your faith by carrying out an action. I would love to call the action evidence or obedience, my father would say your faith isn't complete until there is obedience,  When you act towards faith, The result isn't obvious yet but the action becomes the evidence of your faith. Now how do you prove that your have faith?

What work are you putting in?
"Yes I have a B.sc, I have prepared my C.V, I have what it takes to make me successful says Solemn"
"Oh I have summitted to the training of the Holy Spirit, I have authority of words, I'm gonna be walking on water soon like the Lord Jesus Christ did says Oluwaseun"
For me  that is faith, What did Solemn hope for?  He hoped to be successful
What did Seun hope for? she hoped to walk on water
What was the evidence/action? Solemn had a B.sc certificate and a prepared C.V
Seun summitted to the training of the Holy Spirit?

Were their  hopes manifested physically? But they had a substance and evidence! So it is likely to be manifested, Oh it will!
I hear someone ask what is substance? Substance are the things you hope for! A good job, A husband, children, spiritual gifts, etc.
You see in the definition "the substance of things hoped for"
Substance to hope
How do you hope?
What vessel carries your hope?
I hear someone say the mind and the mouth!
I hear someone say imagining and declaring!
I hear someone say thinking and asking!
I hear someone say praying and prophesying!

And I must say you're all very correct.

How do you hope? Before words come out of the mouth it definitely has to pass through the mind.
You can hope by thinking, you can hope by saying because there is power in words.

What is Desperation? Desperation is a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behavior.
Desperation is the action taken as a result  of irresistible desire to accomplish something, be it good or bad.
People tend to focus on negative desperation more than they do on  positive desperation and that is not fair.

An example of Positive desperation is the story is Zacchaeus a chief tax collector who sought to see Jesus Christ, He climbed up a sycamore tree( for he was of a small stature) to see him while he passed. Luke 19 :4.
I suppose he wouldn't have climbed up a tree to see just anyone I mean isn't that even too much an action to sight someone. But that action is what makes me tag him desperate which is a good one, He was positively desperate and he actually did see Jesus Christ.

An example of negative desperation from the Bible is King Herod. King Herod out of his insecurity of the birth of Master Jesus, ordered that all new babies be killed just so to get rid of Christ.  Matthew 2:16

*The action one carries out to gratify his needs or wants is what makes them tagged desperate.*

How can a human being order the killing of innocent  babies just to bring down one child? That is nothing but desperation! Negative desperation!

FAITH WITH DESPERATION
I would be making reference to two characters  whose  action pronounces them to be utterly desperate. I mean when I think of the story what echoes is Desperation! FAITH WITH DESPERATION!