THE PRISON

Good morning people, I hope your night went well. The LORD laid it in my sleep early this morning, today's Topic. He named it The prison and the first scripture that came to mind was that of Isaiah 61 vs 1, but before we go on let's have a brief prayer:
Lord God, good morning. You planted this topic in my sleep and here I am acting on it, please influence my writing and let your word go as far as it can into the lives of people and also be evident of you.
You might wonder why I still ask God to influence my writing even after he has given me the topic. What more do I want from him? But I want us to understand that we can not do the work of God without him being a major part of it, like I said in yesterday's topic we are just messengers and not the orchestrator of the message/ assignment. I have no knowledge of my own, so what do I actually want to tell you guys?
He sends me and I give you the message, so again Lord I commit today's publication into your hands, do it as you will.

First of all, when I hear the word prison, it equates to darkness, limitations, bondage, restrictions, uncomfy, and anything that could just put one
on a negative hold. So what then is prison? Google defines prison as A building in which people are legally held as a punishment for a crime they have committed or while awaiting trial. I believe This definition justifies them being held because they have committed a crime but it doesn't change the fact that they have been limited.
To give a biblical definition of prison I would make reference to today's scripture which is Isaiah 61 vs 1
"The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed ME to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives. And the opening of the prison to them that are bound"
There are 4 missions of the anointed one here which are;
1. To preach good tidings to the meek
2. Bind up (give hope) the broken hearted
3. To proclaim liberty to the captives and,
4. To open the prison to them that are bound.
I tell you today that prison doesn't have to be a building, A prison could be one's mind. A person's mind can limit him, cage him, rebuke good tidings, make him hopeless, hold him captive, and bound him. Would you agree with me?
If one is in prison he lacks access to the above listed. Therefore we can briefly define a prison as a state that limits one from good tidings. When one is in prison he lacks the above listed 2-4 are what the scripture captures as good tidings now. They are what it means to preach good tidings I.e

1. They do not have access to good tidings (jinxed, unfavored) Joseph was in prison but still favored by the chief butler even though it took two years, but was most Favoured by God. (Gen 41 vs 12)
2. No hope for the broken heart (depression) (look at the condition of the Israelites before God sent Moses, they condemned Moses and Aaron for coming to them because it vexed Pharaoh the more and he made their work more difficult. (Exo 4 vs 7 & 21)
3. They are limited, restricted, and captives (The Israelites couldn't serve God because they were captives in Egypt)
4. They are bounded/ caged. (The Israelites were therefore caged in Egypt )
A prison can be one's mind or a building. I want us to put in mind that the mind can also be a tool of freedom.

THE MIND
The mind can be defined as the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.
When one is limited can they be in full consciousness of their thoughts and actions? No! When one's mind limits him, he is prone to doubt and lose hope, then we can say they are imprisoned by their thoughts right? Like I said earlier a prison doesn't have to be a building it could be the mind which Explains the topic for this discussion. Where would you classify financial limitations then? Is there actually a building for people who are financially limited? I tell you today that every imprisonment you go through has come to an end today because light has come to shine upon that limitation thereby breaking every yoke of bondage because you stand fast in the liberty where which Christ has made you free (Philippians 5 vs 1)
We can liken a limited person to a sick person, look at the man from the healing at the pool, his movement was limited because he was lame and before he could get into the pool, someone else would have entered(John 5 vs 7)When a person is sick their activities are limited, some can barely move around, some can barely talk, some can barely eat by themselves, some cannot think straight, all this characterizes an imprisoned person but there is no actual physical building for this infirmities. There is the word of God that gives healing by faith and hearing. The Word of God has come to set you free today!
The man at the healing of the pool welcomes us to another episode of this chapter:
I want us to meditate on this please: The sick man's movement was limited, he couldn't move, he definitely couldn't do other things, his freedom was restricted, He was imprisoned right? But with the aid of a supporter would he be able to move around? I suppose YES, But I didn't change the fact that he was imprisoned right? Where then do you classify this imprisonment?

Find out on the next episode of The prison👇!
Let me know what you think about this part. Do you have questions, contributions, or corrections? Let them come in.

PRAY WITH ME, LORD JESUS WE THANK YOU FOR THE LIGHT OF YOUR WORD, WE THANK YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE COME TO SET US FREE FROM CAPTIVITY. I PRAY THAT WE SHALL ALL BE EVIDENT OF YOUR GRACE. AMEN.🙏

We have come to the end of this chapter- watch out for the next.

Let me know if you want a piece of music linked to this...Thank you and God bless ♥️

Let's have a conversation in the comment section please, Do not forget to vote🙏

Instagram handle: MorningDoorDevotion