- ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ

𝘀𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 | y/n has a panic attack in the middle of the night

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 | panic attack

𝗳𝗹𝘂𝗳𝗳 | ✓

𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀𝘁 |✓

𝗶𝗱𝗼𝗹/𝘀 | nayeon, sana

══════════════════════

Y/N sat in her bed, her legs pulled up to her chest, tears streaming down her face.

She tried to silence her sobs, by biting down on her lip, only to make it bleed.

Y/N didn't care about the few blood drops that ran down her chin and hid her face in her knees.

"Y/N/N? Are you okay? Why are you awake?" She heard Nayeon's tired voice.

Y/N opened her mouth, wanting to tell the oldest that she was fine (which she obviously wasn't), but the only thing that left her mouth was another sob.

Nayeon climbed down from her bunk bed as soon as she heard it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, sitting down next to Y/N.

"I-I-I c-can't- I-" Y/N stuttered, trying to explain what's happening.

"Breathe, Y/N. You gotta breathe." Nayeon said, looking at Y/N with worried eyes.

Sana, who had gone to the kitchen for a glass of water a couple minutes ago, has now returned and quickly put the glass down before she sat down next to Y/N's other side.

"What's happening?" She asked, wiping the few drops of blood from Y/N's lip.

"Panic attack." Nayeon mouthed.

Sana nodded and carefully laid one hand on Y/N's shoulder before pulling the young girl into a hug.

Nayeon gently ran her fingers through Y/N's hair, hoping it'd comfort the maknae a bit.

Sana cradled Y/N's head against her chest and mumbled small 'you're okay's and 'you're safe's.

"Everything's gonna be fine, hm? We're here. Nayeon unnie is here, I'm here. You're safe." She said, placing a small kiss on Y/N's forehead.

Y/N listened to Sana's heartbeat and to the reassuring words she was saying, calming down a bit.

"Just breathe, you're okay." Nayeon added, taking Y/N's small hand into her large one. She traced some shapes onto the soft skin and interlaced their fingers.

A few minutes later, Y/N calmed down. Tear stains covered her cheeks and her eyes were red and puffy.

Sana continued hugging Y/N, just in case she was about to start crying again, which luckily didn't happen.

"Are you okay?" Nayeon asked softly, stroking Y/N's hand.

The youngest girl nodded and wiped her nose with the sleeve of her PJ's.

"I'm gonna get some tissues, hold on." Nayeon said before she left the bed.

Sana wiped the few tears from Y/N's face, being careful not to scratch her with her nails.

"What happened?" She asked worry lingering in her voice.

"I don't know, I-I just freaked out." Y/N said, as Nayeon came back with a box of tissues.

Y/N grabbed one and blew her nose before grabbing another one to wipe the remaining tears away.

"Were you awake this whole time?" Nayeon asked, glancing at the clock, "It's one in the morning."

Y/N nodded, "I couldn't sleep."

"Do you wanna try now?" Sana asked, "We can stay with you if you want."

"That would be nice." Y/N said. She threw the tissues away and laid down in between the older girls, letting their warmth embrace her.

Nayeon put a big blanket over the three of them and gave Y/N the stuffed panda she slept with.

"Just close your eyes. We're here, we'll keep you safe." Sana whispered, kissing Y/N's temple.

Y/N closed her eyes and listened to Sana, while Nayeon put an arm over her stomach.

"Go to sleep, it's okay." The bunny whispered. Y/N fell asleep quicker than she thought. She hugged the stuffed panda tightly and took another visit to the land of dreams, while both of her unnies looked at her with smiles.