16

I watch as the waiter makes us a round of shots. "Girlfriend. Girlfriend?!" I whisper shout at her. "Natasha I'm your assistant and last time I checked we weren't on good terms so what the hell's gotten into you."

"Y/n I didn't know this was a gay bar but I still want my drink so would you just shut up and go with it."

"Alright ladies here you are if you need anything else just call me over" I thank the kind curly haired lady before I look over already seeing that Natasha's done three shots.

"Christ Natasha! Are you trying to end up in a hospital tonight"

She ignores my comment sliding her fourth shot over to me "would you just take the damn shot you sound like my mother." Glancing down at the clear liquid I hesitantly grab the glass throwing my head back. Cringing a bit at the bitter taste I figured how bad can one night partying with my boss be.

~
"You are like so scary" I lean over whispering in her ear. It's been about an hour since we got here and let's just say I'm feeling a little buzzed.

"Like your hot and everything but also really scary, I bet if you smiled more people would like you"

"Y/n we're not starting this conversation again" I pout wishing she would feel more comfortable around me. "I just wanna know why you don't like me"

"I never said I don't like you Y/n"

"Yeah we'll the only thing you like about me is using me for sex" she choked on her drink at my bluntness.

"You do realize I'm still your boss right"

"I don't know many bosses who get drunk with their assistant and then randomly kiss them" she started to ignore me as I just stared at the side of her face.

"You know you really are pretty" the alcohol let my thoughts come out before thinking.

"Stop" she scolds still not looking at me.

"You have nice lips too"

"And you have a really nice smile which you should use more often because it's pretty"

She finally glanced over at me after my constant ramblings that I will most likely regret tomorrow morning.

"Why'd you call me your girlfriend earlier?"

"I didn't want to get kicked out"

"You could've said I was your gay friend or something, I mean you don't have to be in a relationship to be gay"

"Whatever Y/n it doesn't matter anymore" she was clearly annoyed at my nagging.

We fell quiet for a bit until I felt a presence behind us. "Hey" A younger looking girl approach us at the bar.

"We'll hello" I drunkenly smiled at the cute girl who now stood in between me and Natasha. Although she was no Natasha Romanoff I still admired her looks finding her attractive. I mean honestly if I wasn't here with my boss who I sometimes kiss, I would probably be flirting with her and then taking her to my place for the night. Of course I'm not gonna do that now even if I could really use the release from all the pent up frustration and mixed feelings a certain red head had been causing.

"Do you mind if I join you both? I just moved here and it would be nice to have a friendly conversation with someone."

I pulled out her seat granting her permission to talk with us at the same time Natasha firmly said "no"

"Don't listen to her" I plop the girl down in her seat. "She's not really a people person." Maybe I said that a little too loud considering Natasha was glaring at me like she could strangle me within seconds.

"My names Chloe" the girl turned towards me not giving Natasha the light of day. "Y/n" I smile back hoping that we could be friends.

~
Twenty minutes have passed, Natasha sulking in her chair while me and Chloe buy each other drinks and have a light hearted conversation.

"So she's actually your boss?" Chloe whispers over to me finding me and Romanoff's situation quite amusing. "Yeah, crazy right." I giggle finishing off the last of my drink.

"So I'm guessing that means I'm not gonna be able to take you home with me tonight?" She asks with a hopeful tone in her voice. I lean back looking at Natasha who just finished her last shot. I sigh heavily turning my attention back to Chloe. "Sadly not." I shake my head giving her an apologetic smile.

"Eh it's alright" she waves off the disappointment. "Maybe I could get your number?"

Natasha eyed us in that moment and before I could even pull out my phone to accept, the red head had pushed Chloe out of her seat before slipping in her place beside me. "She's actually got a very busy schedule and can't make plans anytime soon. It was nice meeting you Chloe but we should be on our way as should you." Natasha put her hand on my thigh giving Chloe the sign that she should leave.

"Oh alright, we'll it was nice meeting you too" and with that she walked away. Natasha seemed proud that she could make Chloe leave so easily however I was fuming with anger beside her.

"Get your hand the fuck off my leg" I push her off of me as I turn away from her trying to not show how pissed off I actually am.

"Oh please Y/n all she was looking to do was get a good fuck out of you." She scoffed.

"We'll maybe that's what I wanted." This caught her attention not expecting such vulgar actions from me of all people. I think she was almost offended that I disagreed with her.

"No assistant of mine is going to be whoring around I hope you know that."

I stuck my tongue out at her.

She grabbed a hold of it causing my eyes to widen. "Put that away before I put it to good use." That single statement made me shut up real quick as my face felt on fire.

A few minutes went by as we sat in silence. I was trying to gather my own thoughts and get the warmth between my legs gone before Natasha noticed how flustered she had gotten me with one sentence. It was honestly embarrassing at this point. As much as she was the biggest pain the ass I've ever met, a part of me kinda wished that statement could come true.

"What if I wanted you to put me to good use?" I hesitantly said my thoughts aloud hoping for a certain outcome.

"Then I'd say your being needy and that you shouldn't give into remarks like that so easily." Okay that one kinda hurt. I gulped down my bruised ego before deciding I wanted a straight up answer from her because I couldn't tell what she was thinking anymore.

"Natasha what are we even doing? Like was it just a one time thing or are you just gonna keep using me whenever you feel like it"

"I'm not using you Y/n."

I lean my head down on the table "I don't believe you" I really didn't believe her. I mean there was just lust between us nothing more and so she had to have been using me, why else would she hire me in the first place. I definitely didn't mind the kissing and whatever at first but now I just constantly feel used and like I'm doing something very very wrong here.

"I think we should stay professional, for the sake of our jobs and my self esteem." I saw hurt flash her features before she clenched her jaw and put up her calm composure. I knew my words weren't true in the slightest but for the sake of my sanity I said the only reasonable thing to do in that situation.

"Fine" I didn't think she was gonna say anything else and so I felt kinda accomplished that I was able to hold my ground for once.

"Y/n bring my car around, I'm ready to go home, I'll see you tomorrow at the office" And with that she completely shut me out. No more small glances, no lust, we were strictly people who worked together.

Maybe I made the wrong choice.