36

"Your not gonna do anything." Natasha quickly shuts me down as I sit on her couch completely dumbfounded.

"Natasha she's suing the company." I deadpan.

"You make it sound like I'm not a billionaire, so what if she sues, yes she was a good employee but she was disloyal."

"We'll what if she was framed?" I try to keep a positive mind.

"We'll unless someone gives me proof of that I'm still sticking with my facts." She holds her own rather well and I come to the conclusion that I'm not gonna get her to budge.

"Look can we stop talking about this, I don't wanna fight." She drops her facade standing before me.

"I know I'm sorry I'm just stressed." I lean back in the couch looking up at the beautiful woman before me.

"I know Wanda means a lot to you but I can't just hire her back because she's your friend." I try to look from her side knowing she was right. If she just hired Wanda right back without any consequences that would be rather harshly questioned by the rest of the company.

"I know." I close my eyes trying to shake my guilt away. Why did I feel so at fault? It's not like I had anything to do with this whole mishap. "I hate caring so much."

She smiles at me straddling my lap as my hands sit comfortably on her ass. "Yeah but that's exactly why I lo-like you around." She ducks her head hiding her face in the crook of my neck. "Weren't you the one who told me caring was a good thing."

"How dare you use my words against me." I laugh pulling her closer towards me if that was even possible.

———
I walk into work the next day knowing rumours would start going around about Wanda's disappearance. I had tried convincing Romanoff last night to just take today off with me but she was persistent and denied my request.

"I just want to thank you for your support in this case." I glance up seeing Luis' ugly face too close for my liking.

"What are you talking about?"

"We'll your the one who always goes through all the paper work for the company. If it wasn't for the files you handed in the other day we would have never found Wanda's account number in the systems history."

"Are you trying to put the blame on me for Wanda's suspension?"

"No obviously not, but we both know you probably found out and instead of coming clean with the proof you instead hid it hoping we would look passed your help. We both know how invested you were in this case and clearly it didn't go unnoticed. Well for Romanoff maybe, but not for me."

"Luis stop putting words into my mouth I had no intention of ratting Wanda out."

"Stop playing dumb y/n I'm trying to thank you."

"You? Thanking me?" What is going on here?

"We'll yeah, I mean who knows maybe I could even sugar Romanoff up enough to give you a promotion. Let's get coffee sometime too yeah?" I look at him completely puzzled.

"Luis are you hitting on me?"

"Pfft no, but let's not lie to ourselves either, we both know you and I could make a good duo."

What is it with men and constantly hitting me on me. Why are they all so delusional.

"Look I'm just gonna come out and say it because I don't know how else to get this point across." He sat on my desk thinking my response would please him. "Luis I'm gay so I'll never be into you."