36

" Sorry.." she apologize to me. I cried because she took away my toy a moment away. I watched her with teary eyes. She pouted. Her eyes were getting teary. She started to sniffle loudly. Then she cried. Seeing her crying face, I also cried along with her.

That was my first meeting with Byun Y/N. My first friend. My first love. We met at an event. Both of our parents were friends so it was natural for us to know each other. We were 3 or 4 year old back then. I knew that Y/N got scolded as she took away my toy. We were kids back then!

Fast forwards to our elementary school. Y/N was the silent kid in our class , so was I. We both became friends immediately. Y/N had no siblings unlike me who had 2 older brothers. I guess she was a lonely. Y/N often visited our house to play with me. My mom would shower her with love. Guess what~ I would get really jealous because of that reason.

We made our first promise to each other at the age of 10. " Wherever you go, I will follow" We were playing the bride and groom which I hated a lot but for some reason , Y/N loved that game. Y/N was beautiful, is beautiful and will always be beautiful to me. The fake wedding picture of us at the age of 10 was memorable. My mom took that picture. I didn't like that picture but now I like that picture. It held our beautiful moment.

I knew that Uncle and Aunty Byun loved Y/N more than everything but they couldn't shower her with their love because of their work. Both of them were office worker. On top of that, both were running a company.

Y/N grew up to be insecure about her parents. She believed that her parents never loved her. Y/N found comfort in food so she started to eat food more than she could take which resulted her to gain weight in middle school. In the middle school, Y/N was made fun of her weight and no one was really friends with Y/N except me. I was always there for her like a shadow. I loved her chubby cheeks.

For the first time in my life, I blushed when she smiled at me. Her eyes were so lively which made my heart fluttered. I thought I lost my mind. I was in denial that I liked Y/N which resulted of me ignoring her. I would ignore Y/N on purpose. What can I do ? My heart beats faster when I see her. She tried to reach me but all those time , I was busy running away.

Yeah, I hurt her. Y/N didn't approach me. When I accepted that I like her, she avoided me just I did to her part weeks. Karma bites back , people! But we made up on my birthday. She was back to being my Y/N.

I love her...

I tried to confess to her but I stopped midway. Why? Y/N never liked me as a guy.

Then comes the most painful day. Y/N and I parted our ways before high school. I was sent to abroad for high school. At the airport, Y/N cried. She hugged me tight in her arms that day. " I will be back in few years , Y/N-ah.." I tried to console her. She nodded while looking at me with her teary eyes. She was such a baby. She always was.

Goodbye, first love...

For the first time , I said goodbye to my first love for the first time. I thought we would not meet again so fast.

So, I went with my life. Dated few girls. Went on dates but none of those worked out. Even though Y/N and I kept contact but nothing was like before.

As if it was fate , Y/N and I met again. But this time , Y/N wasn't in good condition. She tried to harm herself many times. Her parents were also with her. This time , I promised to myself that I would never let go of Y/N.

But my love is incomplete without her. She never fall in love with me. Why do I keep falling in love with her? All over ? Again and again ? Every time , I tried to reach out to her, she goes far away. Far far away from me. The radiant beam that I would never reach.

It doesn't matter to me..as long as you are happy, love. I will always be there for you. I will always support you, first love.

" I like you." I confessed to sleeping Y/N. " I like you, my love..."

24.08.22
Unedited