Reminiscing

Several moments ago...

Usagi looked at Ezra with sadness as tears still poured from his eyes. Ezra had gone silent and most likely fallen asleep. Usagi didn't blame the teen, Usagi only sighed and stood up. shifting his weight around so he could hold Ezra on his back. "Let's find a safer place for you to sleep." Usagi whispered, now taking notice of Ezra's bags. Usagi frowned and looked at Leo's katana and commanded his own to wrap a leafy green vine to wrap around it's hand and bring it to Usagi. More plant life growing under Usagi's feet and helping Usagi glide to a alley way and navigate through there until he managed to find the lair's garage from the surface. It shocked Usagi when he saw Casey sitting against it, his head down and the other katana remaining by his side.

"Jones?" Usagi asked as his plants set the pikathrope onto the ground nicely but wrapped around Leo's single sword. Casey looked up to reveal he was tired and exhausted, something Usagi frowned at but commanded more vines to wrap around the katana remaining by Casey's side. "I think you both need a bed right now." Usagi said with a smile, one that Casey did not bring back but stood up as Usagi walked over to a key-pad. After punching in the code, Usagi allowed Casey to go in first and then soon followed suit. It was dark and quiet in the lair, It's alarms and intruders were all gone now. While the lair was a little cluttered from huntress and her krang-dogs searching the place, Usagi couldn't help but smile. "Come along, I have the perfect place for you to sleep." Usagi said and guided Casey to the bedrooms as Leo's katana's rested on the bar in the entertainment center.

Usagi led them to his and Le- his room. Usagi went over to his own bed and set Ezra down into it. He pulled off Ezra's mask and pulled the comforter up until it reached his shoulders. Ezra snuggled closer to the blankets and actually got comfortable. Usagi also managed to take off his bow and quiver and set it to the side. Usagi then turned to Casey, who was looking around the room in confusion. "Sleep in that bed, you need the rest." Usagi said and pointed to Leo's old bed, Casey looked at it and then Usagi's in confusion. "Who's room is this?" Casey asked, then he noticed the frown on Usagi's face. "This used to be the room I shared with Leo. Figured it makes you feel better to sleep here." Usagi said and then began to trudge past Casey, who moved out of the way and looked at Usagi with a furrowed brow. "What about you?" Casey asked, Usagi paused at the doorway.

He looked to his side and saw the bookcase Leo had set up and noticed that Leo's favorite hoodie resting on the side. Usagi sighed and grabbed it, pulling it to his side and looking ahead. "I think I just need to be alone." Usagi said, walking off and not giving Casey a second glance. As instructed, Casey began to take off parts of his armor and then laid in Leo's old bed, Casey looking up at the metal roof with a frown and side as he turned away from the door, getting comfortable and trying to start falling asleep. Back with Usagi, he had reached the island and untied his weapon from his waist, holding it up and was about to place it next to Leo's katanas. It caused Usagi to freeze and stare at the blades, sighing and turning to another spot on the island and putting the katana on the opposite side of him. Usagi sat on one of the stools and looked at the clothing in his hands. He stared at it, noticing the random stitching all around it. This was probably Leo's favorite hoodie, probably why it was on the bookcase instead of the box of his clothes.

Usagi rubbed the fabric with his thumb and then noticed something was inside the pocket. He reached inside and pulled out a dart from the dart board. Usagi looked at the board that hung on the wall, Usagi found himself getting up and staring at the board for a moment. "Just aim! That's all you gotta do." Leo's voice rang as Usagi remembered a memory. he had asked Leo to help him with his aim and Leo thought throwing darts would help or serve as some sort of nonlethal practice. Usagi looked at the dart in his shaky hand and then at the board. But Usagi walked back to the bar and closed his eyes, he closed his eyes and leaned against the island. He exhaled shakily as the hoodie was still in his grip. Usagi shifted his view to the hoodie and pulled his hand back to actually look at it. "Remind me again why you're obsessed with something so trivial as this hoodie?"  Usagi from another memory spoke,

"Cause it's hella comfortable! We should really get you one of your own." Leo's voice rang, current Usagi pulled away from the island and held up the hoodie. Usagi sighed and set the dart down, putting the hoodie on and allowing him to pull the hair tie from his ears and just stand there for a moment. Usagi looked at the hoodie and lifted his hands up. The fabric went over his hands, something Leo liked because he shook his hands around with a giant grin on his face.  He'd even randomly yell out memes as he ran out in the lair, trying to improve his friends, brothers and sister mood if they were low. Usagi chuckled a bit at the memory of Leo running after him before tackling Usagi to the ground and hugging him tightly. But then he frowned as he remembered Leo booped him and laughed at how Usagi blushed from anger and confusion. Usagi went back to the island and sat at it, messing with the sleeves and picking at the fabric. He looked up at the espresso machine and remembered the events that had occurred before the Krang invasion.

What if he had told the brothers and Venus the truth? That he had dreamed about the apocalyptic future. Would Leo still be alive? Would Leo actually have listened to the others and was it possible that the Technodrome wouldn't have been brought to earth if he had just said something? More thoughts similar to these caused Usagi to cry a bit and put a hand to his forehead. This was just like Ophelia all over again. If Usagi had just told everyone everything and helped guide Leo instead of leaving the slider on his own, none of this would be happening. Usagi began to sob and hid his head in his arms on the island, his ears flopping to the side and also shook as Usagi's body shook. It was like that for a few moments, until Donnie's computer began to go off. Usagi gasped and got up, rubbing his eyes as he thought Huntress had somehow escaped and had arrived to finish the job. But when Usagi arrived at the monitors, he saw a white, beaten up van appear at the garage doors.

"What the..." Usagi said, Mikey busting through one of the doors and fumbling with the keypad, but his hands shook badly as fear was on his face. "Something's wrong." Usagi said and ran out of the room, grabbing his katana in the process and running to the garage door. He pushed the key code in and watched as the door rose up, pausing as he saw Raph struggle to get out of the van. Once he did, he came out and was holding a cough Venus, her hand wrapped around a bloody bandage. "W-what's going on?!" Usagi yelled, confused by the distress as Raph ran past him. "Move, move, move, move!" Spliner's voice rang through, Usagi turned back and watched as Mikey pulled a medical transport bed to the side. What came next made Usagi pause and watch as Donnie and April carefully set an unconscious Leo onto the medical bed. "Move Usagi!" Mikey yelled and tried to run Leo to the medical cell. Usagi moved out of the way and watched Leo carefully. Donnie flew to the medical cell block as fast as he could.

"SHELL-DON! I need help here!" Donnie yelled, his robotic creation appearing  and watching as Venus was set onto a prepped up  and still coughing badly. "On it!" SHELL-DON yelled and flew around gathering materials as Donnie did everything he could to help his brother and sister. "What's happening, h-how did you get L-Leo?" Usagi asked as he walked in with the others. "Mikey made a portal to the prison dimension and brought Leo back, but he went through some serious hits thanks to Prime. Venus got hit in the throat and has been coughing up blood." April said quickly as Usagi looked at her. "Mom?" A voice said tiredly, everyone but Donnie and SHELL-DON turned and saw a tired Ezra and Casey. "Where's mom?" Ezra asked and looked inside, but his ears perked up as Venus tried forcibly to inhale some air. "Sensi?" Casey said and caught sight of Leo. "MOM!" Ezra yelled in horror and saw Venus. Both teens tried to run to both turtles, but April and Raph had to hold them back.

"Let me go!" Ezra yelled and kicked against April as Raph bear hugged Casey. Usagi watched as Splinter shooed both Mikey and Usagi deeper into the room with Donnie, who knocked over something and yelled out. "No, no, no! I needed that for Venus!" Donnie said as SHELL-DON activated a heart monitor for Leo, it beat very slowly. This caused Usagi to look in fear at his two friends, his grip growing on his katana as he watched a stressed Donnie try and do something. "I can try to stick together Venus's injuries?" Mikey offered, but his hands shook badly, he might end up hurting himself if he did that. Usagi looked around the room, seeing the stress and anger around the room. then Usagi looked at Leo and Venus, seeing their condition was getting worse. Usagi looked at his blade and suddenly realized something.

"I think I know how to help them both." Usagi said and everyone looked at him, even Donnie who was running out of patience. "But you have to do exactly as I say." Usagi said as he looked at the group, Casey and Ezra had stopped moving.