Wake up!

It had only been a few days and everyone noticed how Katniss watched everyone doing their activities, she sometimes even copied what they were doing. Whenever she wasn't doing that, she'd be with Ezra and learn certain things with him, or be with Venus and Draxum in the med-bay. Usagi had woken up already but was under what Venus called "Prohibition of weapons", forcing Usagi to take a break and not touch his katana. Usagi hated the idea of it but quickly found ways to entertain himself as he helped train Ezra and Casey Jr. Oh yeah, Casey kinda got labeled as Casey Jr. since Cassandra came over to check on everyone. It was... nice? Cassandra hummed as she held a hand to her chin, circling a tense Casey Jr. 

"So... you're from the future and I'm your mother?" Cassandra asked, giving Casey a suspicious look as she stood in front of Casey Jr. He didn't say anything and remained silent before Ezra spoke up. "Just a thing, but you also kinda died when he was twelve..." Ezra said, hoping that would explain Casey's silence. Cassandra looked over at Casey, her eyes shifting at his gear before smiling wickedly. "Now there are two Jones in the house!" She yelled, quickly grabbing Casey Jr. by his shoulders and lifting him up. "I'm taking you for ice cream!"

While it wasn't bad that Cassandra hung out with Casey Jr., he came back to the lair with a sugar high and shortly passed out. Not to self, don't let the Jones go anywhere without the appropriate supervision. But it was starting to get gloomy in the lair, everyone getting more worried with each passing day Leo didn't wake up. Even Venus found herself getting more and more anxious when she was on her shift to watch over Leo. They didn't really have shifts, but it was something Venus labeled it as. "Why do you think she does that?" Ezra asked as he and Katniss sat in the living room, Usagi behind them. He simply shrugged his shoulders and looked up at the screen. "It's kinda like indirect reassurance. She would say the same thing when me or Ophelia got hurt from a fight in the Battle Nexus and we didn't wake up." Usagi said as Katniss and Ezra looked up at him. "Shifts are temporary. So Venus says it's her shift to watch Leo, then Leo being asleep will be temporary and he'll wake up sooner." Usagi said, looking to the side as he began to also worry a bit. 

Katniss remained silent as she looked at Ezra and Usagi, furrowing her brows slightly before standing up from her spot and walking up to Ezra. "You're male, right?" Katniss asked, the question confused Usagi and Ezra, but the young fox nodded. "You remember what powers males of our kind have, right?" Katniss asked again, Ezra shook his head. "No, I was more busy trying to find some stability, not to mention some of my memories are kind of messed up." Ezra laughed nervously, Katniss sighed and looked at Ezra. "Males can heal." Katniss said, Ezra and Usagi stared at her in shock. "Then what can the females do?" Usagi asked, Katniss turned to look at him. "They're telepathic empaths. Not only can we move things without mind, but we can replicate the emotions around us and try to match them to understand the source of the problem." Katniss explained, it took Usagi a moment before he turned behind him. "Are you saying I could heal Uncle Leon?" Ezra asked, Katniss looked at him again.

"Assuming you have the right mindset, you could wake him up even." Katniss offered, gesturing to Ezra. Both Usagi and Ezra remained silent before Ezra got up, picked Katniss up, and dashed off to the Medic Bay with Usagi in the rear. Once they found the door, Ezra kicked it open, surprising Donnie and Venus who remained inside. "Can you guys not do that?" Donnie said, turning back to Venus to further inspect her neck and see how it was doing. "Katniss said I might be able to wake Uncle Leon up!" Ezra yelled, both Donnie and Venus looked at him in shock. "WHAT?!" Venus yelled, her voice sounding hoarse. Then she began to cough painfully, crouching forward as Donnie said "Oh jeez", running around to find some water for her to drink. "I'm sorry, did I hear that correctly?" Raph asked, suddenly appearing behind Usagi. Everyone turned to him as Mikey and Splinter dashed over, Ezra and Venus's yells echoed through the lair.

"Did you say you might be able to wake Leo up?" Mikey asked, hope in his eyes as Splinter watched in silent concern. Katniss nodded again. "If I help him, that is. We can't guarantee he'll be fully healed once he wakes, but I'm sure we can wake him." Katniss said, everyone was silent again as they slowly drifted their attention to Leo, hearing the heart monitor beep a good rhythm. "If you're positive you can do something, even if you can't wake Leonardo..." Splinter said as he walked up to his grandchildren, grabbing a hand from both of them as he looked at them in hope. "Please try." Splinter asked, Ezra nodded and pulled his hand away as Katniss looked at him in shock. Hope, was something she was still getting used to. But when Katniss set her on Leo's bed, they both looked over at Leo. His arm and leg were still wrapped in casts, but his top torso was covered in his hoodie, something Donnie advised so that Leo could keep warm. Katniss looked over him, seeing his facial expression was calm and rested, something she nodded at. "So... how do I do this again?" Ezra said as he looked at Katniss, she hummed as she looked around the room, seeing everyone's eager eyes on her.

So she looked away, looking at a wall and slowly closing her eyes. Once she did close her eyes, the marks on her cheeks glowed, and the lights above began to flicker. Everyone stayed silent as Ezra looked at Leo, remaining silent.

Ignore everyone around you, just focus on Leo.

Ezra paused as the voice he heard belonged to Katniss, but he knew she wasn't really speaking physically.

Come on Ezra, we don't have all day

He yelped and looked at Leo again, trying to focus only on Leo and Leo only.

Okay, hold your hands out above Uncle's chest. Your palms aimed at him.

Ezra did as he was told and relaxed, thinking it might help him focus.

Okay, you're doing good. Now I need you to focus. I want you to think about how you use your mystic bow. Once you remember how you use different arrows, I want you to picture Uncle and think about how you want to see him again. How you want him to feel.

Even though Katniss didn't say anything physically, Ezra found himself nodding and taking a deep breath. Once he managed to close his eyes, he focused on how he was able to summon every arrow. Each arrow had a different feeling, cryo was calm and calculated. Pyro was annoyed but determined, so Ezra just thought about the nature one, the one he used to make burst of vines to grab hold of his enemies. That arrow required Ezra to think about him family, how every time he thought about them, he thought about how happy they were, even in the apocolpse. Once Ezra thought of things that made him happy, he thought about the memories he had with current Leo, how the turtle comforted Ezra in the cooldown of his panic attack.

How Leo finally came to his family and listened to them, admitting his mistakes to Casey, and even doing everything he could to guarantee his brothers and sister safety. As he thought of that, everyone gasped, the room lights suddenly went out but the rooms was illuminated by the glow coming from Katniss and the glow coming from Ezra's hands. Everyone watched silently and then were stunned in shock as a mist slowly drifted from Ezra's hands, it's color was pure white.  Even Donnie found himself putting his goggles on and watching as the mist touched Leo's chest, everyone staying silent.

As if reacting to the mystic energy, the heart dial was suddenly going crazy. This earned Donnie's attention as he saw the tech around the three suddenly began to spark and short circuit. "We have to stop them!" Donnie said, trying to run around the room as he was deeply concerned one of the devices might end up hurting his nephew and niece. But Raph grabbed hold of Donnie, who now resorted to his ninpo to try and pry his brother off. "Donnie, stop it!" Usagi yelled, he, Venus, and Mikey all trying to stop Donnie as Splinter watched the other three eagerly. "Come on Leonardo, come on." Splinter whispered, seeing Ezra and Katniss furrow their brows. Ezra's arms even began to shake from exhaustion as the mist started to slowly disolve. But it did seem to be doing something as Leo's face scruntched up a few times. Even though the family tried the best they could, Donnie managed to get out from his brother's hold and dashed to the two foxes.