↬5

Please understand that I'm trying my hardest

Typing, the loud clattering of fingers against the keys became so unbearably loud to Haeri who could not focus

It didn't even seem to bother other people but for Haeri the noise became two times louder for her as it felt like that's all she could even hear.

It echoed in her head, continuously typing away in her ears. It was so much that she could not even pay attention one bit, unable to comprehend what was being said.

Her brain hyper focused on the clattering sounds all from around the room, merging together messily. It grew more and more prominent to her that she couldn't even hear her rapid heartbeat that pulsated in her ears.

Haeri leant forward, elbows on desk and palms on each ear as she stared down at the laptop in front of her to block it out.

Amidst the group that had been formed within the smaller class, Haeri zoned out as she stared in the distance seemingly in her own head.

The lecturer had put the students into groups of six with those around them, Haeri landing with people she had rarely spoken to.

Kim Jiho, the one who practically knew everything without needing to try hard at all. She had always wanted to be at least a fraction as smart as him. He seemed pretty relaxed most of the time, getting on with his work without a struggle.

Lee Miyoung, she was insanely pretty and became pretty popular around university. She often online shopped during her lectures which Haeri had noticed a fair few times when she looked in her direction but she still excelled.

Yang Areum, the one who was friends with almost everyone due to her outgoing nature. She seemed to just be the centre of radiance within any room, her confident aura and sense of humour making her more likeable.

Yoo Sehun, she hadn't seen him around too much except for a few parties she had been to in her time at university. He rarely came to lectures and when he did he seemed entirely uninterested, fingers drumming on the table in front of him and AirPods in as he didn't even pretend to listen.

And lastly-

"Earth to Haeri?"
Coming back down to reality, Haeri glanced next to her at the boy who had called her.

Wooyung, he had gotten separated from Hyunjae when being put in groups.

"You know you zone out a lot." He chuckled, her cheeks slightly heating up at the fact the others were also now looking at her. She lightly laughed, slightly shaking her head to make her hair fall down from being tucked behind her ears.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" She asked, noticing Jiho scoff quietly under his breath.
"We've been discussing the project." He answered, not taking his eyes off the laptop as he scrolled through something, as if replying to her wasn't even worth looking up.