↬26

Heartbeat pulsing slow in my ears
trying to escape with no avail

Donghyuck wasn't sure he could keep the promise he made to Haeri

He swayed as he put his head into his hands and then leant his hand against the wall for support as he screwed his eyes shut.

The waves of nausea just wouldn't settle, his gut churning and skin damp with sweat as his pulse thumped.
"Here." He heard, opening his slightly blurred vision to see Mark handing him a bottle of water.

Donghyuck didn't even have the energy to thank the boy, slowly sipping on it as he heard the exhausted shallow pants from the other boys as the music stopped.

"Let's take a break okay?" Taeyong announced, walking over to get his own water.
"You okay?" Johnny asked the youngest who nodded wordlessly, catching his breath. Johnny patted his back comfortingly.

When the members all dispersed to take a break in their own ways, some leaving to get a snack or an energy drink, others opting to leave the room to cool off elsewhere and some remaining there.

His body ached, muscles burning and fingers trembling as he took another sip of water. It was Christmas Eve tomorrow, meaning he had a lot of performances to do and he had to get through practice and do his absolute best.

Donghyuck wanted to give his all in every single performance, pushing his body even though it was screaming at him to slow down.

He sat on the ground against the wall, leaning his head back as he closed his eyes and took deeper breaths to get himself to calm down.

Hearing worried voices, the boy opened his eyes and looked over where Mark was sat on a chair with a worried Yeonhee crouched in front of him, grasping his hand in one hand as the other cupped his cheek worriedly.

Sighing, Donghyuck turned his head forward again, the music vibrating through the ground which synced up to his thumping heart and he didn't have the energy to even get up.

It didn't feel like long until the members returned and the choreographers were urging everyone onto their feet to start up again.

He was tired.

"Haeri! Get up, come on. You've been sleeping for ages." The exclaim of her Mother filled the air, walking into her daughter's room and opening the curtains. "How are you still tired?"

The girl groaned, turning over and burying her head into the covers.
"Darling, come on it's Christmas eve tomorrow. We have to go shopping for Christmas your cousins are coming over too."

"Five more minutes." She mumbled, earning a sigh from her Mother.

Five minutes turned into nearly another hour until her sister practically dragged her out of bed.