↬69

Hold me so I'm not falling apart

The chime of the bell above the slightly old creaking door wasn't enough to bring Haeri out of her trance, she stared down at the wooden table in front of her, sat in the red booth

The chime of the bell above the slightly old creaking door wasn't enough to bring Haeri out of her trance, she stared down at the wooden table in front of her, sat in the red booth. The wood had cracks and indentations through it, it seemed like it was here for a long time yet it was holding up well.

The slightly distant chatter of a customer and the worker drowned out by the soft music playing. The scent of freshly made food wafted through the air, a waitress walking past Haeri's table with a plate of fries and a burger.

Haeri hadn't slept properly, she wanted to go home and sleep after the conflict with Donghyuck but she couldn't. She felt so physically drained but unable to sleep.

It was around six pm now, she was sat alone in a diner. It was one she grew up coming to, one that had been here for decades and probably would be for decades to come.

She knew the workers from when she was younger, a few of them were newer but there was a sense of familiarity as she sat here.

Haeri knew she had handled some things wrong, she shouldn't have just disappeared all day. Her head was such a mess yesterday, she couldn't even explain the way that she was unable to think straight at all.

She knew she had probably made the situation worse but she had never felt this much stress, in this much capacity before. She didn't know how to handle it all, it was all new for her to feel all of this at once.

Haeri knew she didn't handle things perfectly, she was flawed with her emotions and it might've just been better to go to him but it was hard to open up when her emotions were thrown all over the place.

The diner was quite empty, only an older couple sat together and a few construction workers laughing together, waiting for their order.

Haeri was tucked away sat at the end of the diner, the last booth. She tapped her finger on the wood under her hand, glancing at her phone in case a notification came up.

She hadn't spoken to him since and it probably was better for them to just take some space and think about it rather than get caught up in emotion and say stuff they didn't mean.

She sighed, tracing random patterns onto the table, her eyes sullenly gazing down at it.

Another chime of the bell, indicating someone had entered, filled the air.

Haeri noticed the newcomers were heading her way and so she looked up, her eyes finding Mark and Jeno who had entered the diner together to see Haeri was already here before them.