↬67

How can I live in the moment
When my thoughts never feel like
my own
Don't know how to admit that
I'm broken
How can I be alright?
Cause I can't breathe
I can't breathe

How can I live in the momentWhen my thoughts never feel like my ownDon't know how to admit that I'm brokenHow can I be alright?Cause I can't breatheI can't breathe

It was coming to the evening and Haeri had left the university library a while ago after attempting to study with Jiho. She didn't get that much done compared to him, she still felt shaky from the breakdown she had.

Her exam was tomorrow though and she couldn't afford to do no work and fail it.

True in Donghyuck fashion and sticking to his words, he came to see her.
She had completely forgotten he said he would earlier.

It was when she was hunched over her desk, leaning her cheek on her arm while the other hand wrote across the page in front of her, that the main light to her room was switched on.

The intense brightness of the light caused pain against her eyes, she squinted a little at the harsh light, turning to look at the door.

It seemed like she hadn't fully come off the emotional side of her breakdown, the effects still lingered, still feeling fragile and sensitive.

But her gaze fell to Donghyuck who was stood there, with a smile, clearly happy to see her. However, Haeri turned back to her desk to put her palms over her eyes, feeling the light burn her eyes.

"Please turn off the light...it's too bright." She said, murmuring the last part because she could still see the flecks of golden in her vision.

Donghyuck looked at the girl, his smile slightly faltering but he turned it off nevertheless, the only light being the one emitting from her desk lamp.

"Hey sunshine." He greeted, finally free from his agonising schedules for the day. He must've finished practices and had a shower before coming here because when his arms wrapped around her from behind, she could smell his shampoo.

The thought of him having practices all day made her wonder if he saw Minhee who knew his schedules so well it looked like.

"Hey." She replied back, maybe not as enthusiastic as him but he figured the intense studying session was leaving her tired. He leant more into her, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

Of course it was always nice having Donghyuck around, she felt the most safe with him but why did she still feel so uneasy.
It felt like she couldn't handle much social interaction right now, she hoped he wouldn't bring anything up.

Haeri hadn't actually got up from her seat, she had looked over her shoulder at him twice but her attention didn't linger. She looked a little distracted, her focus not wavering over to him.

"How's it going?" He asked, his cheek pressed against the side of her head, arms around her shoulders. She hummed unsure.
"The exam is tomorrow." She mentioned. "A lot to remember."