↬55

Today was the day she was dreading

She couldn't sleep properly most of the night but didn't want to get out of bed in the morning wanting to just miss uni again- she couldn't though.

It was early in the morning, feeling on edge and so anxious she couldn't stomach the thought of people staring and whispering, maybe they'd come over and harass her for dating their favourite idol.

She was at her vanity after getting changed, staring at the desk in front of her as she zoned out momentarily while pulling her hair back.

There were so many possibilities of what could happen today and it made her physically feel sick, stomach turning. The bathroom door opened into her room, in walking in her boyfriend who had just gotten up.

Usually, he would've just slept in a little longer but seeing as she was leaving to go university, he wanted to make sure she was okay and reassured by him before she left.

She looked distracted, sat there not really actually starting her makeup properly, she really didn't want to go.

The feeling of a gentle touch on her shoulders made her lift her gaze into the mirrors reflection, Donghyuck was stood there lightly kneading his fingers into her tense shoulders, giving her a smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, rubbing his hands up and down her shoulder and upper arms which felt cold under his palms.
"Sick." She admitted, really there was no point sugarcoating. This situation wasn't one to pretend that it was okay.

He frowned a little, feeling guilty for this all happening just because of his job. He leant down to kiss the top of her head.
"It will be okay, our friends are going to be there and you know Hyunjae will probably fight anyone who says anything to you."

Haeri laughed breathily, knowing it was true. She leant her head back against his body, tilting her chin up to look at him.

"The thought of me walking in and everyone staring at me is the worst, how can you literally perform in front of thousands of people? We really are complete opposites here, is this how you feel before going on stage? I'm so nervous, what should I do...should I just- I don't know."