Chapter 41: Melting Fireplace

Y/N's POV

"Taehyung stop, my feet are hurting" I winced while he was walking in front of me.

He held in his steps and turned around to face me. I arched an eyebrow at his gaze. He bit on his lower lip to hide his teasing smile and shook his head before walking towards me only to bend down and suddenly pick me up.

I gasped and held onto his shoulders before laughing in victory. "Happy?" He gave me an annoyed look while the corners of his lips curved into a smile without looking at me "Very" I answered with a grin.

I let go of his shoulders to lean back, opened my arms and welcomed the nightly air.

"Come here" He suddenly pushed me back into his arms. I gasped at this sudden move and held onto him again. I blinked in trance while he slowly turned his face and locked his gaze with mine.

I bit on my lower lip while leaning my head against his shoulder "I'm here" I whispered and he leaned in towards my face, I gulped. Heat started spreading in my cheeks while he slowly let his eyes travel up my face to my eyes. He smiled, well aware how my body was reacting to him before pulling back, looking away and continuing walking.

"Asshole" I muttered while seeing his grin widening from the corner of my eyes. I decided to keep my head on his shoulder and started humming in peace, not believing how this night could take such a turn.

Just 3 hours ago I was at the breaking point of my life and yet here I was in your arms Kim Taehyung.

But I can't help asking myself,

Did you save me?

or did you made an attempt to save yourself?

FLASHBACK 3 HOURS AGO

With a blanket around my shivering body I was sitting in a corner in a trance state while the police officers were investigating the whole house. By now Namjoon's lawyer had reach the villa but I was completely numb to everything happening around me except for the scene I kept rewinding in my head for almost an hour.

Was he in the room when I took a shower? Did he take pictures of me? How could he know where we are? How could he be this close without us noticing?

I shivered at my own thoughts and pulled my legs closer to my body and placed my forehead against my knees while Jisoo was caressing my head.

I wanted to disappear to an unknown place without a single human being. I wanted to become one with the nature, with the animals, with the sky..

Yet this would bring me nothing because it's all in my head, my trauma and the fear I can't run away from. I can't be freed from these chains until I free my mind from them. I was aware of that and yet I wasn't ready to walk down that path. How could I when my murderer is just one blink away from me?

I've always had this fear in the back of my mind, what would happen if he suddenly appears again? What would happen if I faced him?

I did that, I faced him and maybe it was then when I thought everything was over. How ridiculous of me to think I was stronger than his sick demonic side.