Chapter 42: Tempted Angel

"The Devil was once an Angel"

Y/N's POV

Lying on the cold ground in the warmth of each other's arms was a state of complete vulnerability while the heat of the fireplace waved in front of us, a scene I've never experienced before. There was a whole mess  going on outside this hut but this raw moment, this moment of fear intertwined with trust in the middle of nowhere was the only thing that mattered to me now.

I knew whatever was about to happen, this man was able to protect me.

"Tae?" I whispered, not too sure if he was still awake.

"Hmn?" He hummed into the crook of my neck.

I smiled "I'm cold" I whispered with a grin. He immediately lifted his head "Let me find another blanket" he said and was about to stand up when i turned around and held his arm and shook my head.

"Hug me" I said and he blinked for a second, clearly not used to this. "Come here" he chuckled and I fully turned around and disappeared in his arms.

My heart was racing but I hummed in satisfaction. I could still feel butterflies when I'm around him but I wasn't anxious, is this how a calm and secure love feels like?

His scent invaded my senses and this was one feeling I never wanted to get used to, the way just the scent of his cologne was able to make my heart race, not to mention how his arms around my body were making me feel.

"Y/N?" His voice sounded raspy "Yeah?" I shut my eyes.

"That girl Soyeon, have you heard anything about her?" He asked and I furrowed.

"Are you really asking me about that piece of shit right now? What a timing Taehyung, I applaud you" I pulled back and stared at him in disbelief.

He suddenly pulled me closer "Sshh" he smiled "Retract your claws my siren" He whispered against my lips and when the familiar warmth from his lips hit my lips my heart started racing and I gulped before looking back into his eyes.

"Why siren?" I asked annoyed.

"A siren is beautifully dangerous." He whispered while running his fingertips through my scalp, I gulped.

"Her beauty is such that hypnotizes men into the ocean only for them to get killed by her." He slightly pulled my hair for me to lean my head back.

"Taehyung" I whispered taken aback.

"That's why I call you siren, my siren." He smirked and let my hair go.

"Does that mean a siren is a devil?" I asked with a smile but he shook his head before staring into my eyes.

"An Angel" He answered and I looked at him in confusion "How can someone like this be an angel?"

"An angel tempted by vengeance turns into a devil in disguise and that makes every monster a human in my opinion" I blinked and my heart dropped for a second while looking at his familiar brown eyes that seemed black in this dim light.

"What do you mean?" I asked although in my heart i knew what he was trying to say.

"That we're all sinners in our own way" He caressed my cheeks.