Chapter 44: The END (Part 1)

"The final stage of healing is using what happens to you to help other people"

-Gloria Steinem

Y/N'S POV

I take in the smell of the empty corridors and the sound of my heels clicking against the vinyl flooring of the hospital

I take in the smell of the empty corridors and the sound of my heels clicking against the vinyl flooring of the hospital. With Dr.Kim Woobin next to me, we were silently walking towards the last room at the end of the hall, which was currently being watched by an officer.

I was fighting with my breathing, the hospital, the smell, the last room and the man behind that door were making it harder for me to keep my calm and Dr. Kim noticed it.

"You okay?" His calm voice caressed my side and I looked up at him, tilting my neck to reach his eyes.

With a I slightly lifted the corners of my lips "I'm trying to be" my voice was calm but the silence in the corridor was like a ticking bomb tingling down my spine and filling me up with tension.

He was about to say something when a loud voice made me jump back in horror.

"I JUST WANNA SEE HER! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!"

My eyes were wide in shock when Dr.Kim stepped protectively in front of me and blurred out the scene for me. While staring at his back, my racing mind needed a second to realize what these two sentences meant and whom this deep horrific voice belonged to.

The sound of things being thrown around made me flinch behind Dr.Kim. With widened eyes I stared at my trembling hands while my heart was racing in shock. He immediately turned around and placed his hands on my shoulders. I lifted my head and looked into the eyes of the man who had taken over my life as the missing father figure and filled my life with a strength only a father is able to provide for his daughter.

"Y/N I want you to stay here until he's ready. If you feel unwell, we can leave any second. Just let the officer know and I'll be here in a blink of an eye, okay?" His worried eyes took me in and with the sound of another scream I flinched again and his eyebrows creased.