Chapter 19: Abstract art

I don't know how they could make me agree to this stupid dare of Jisoo but here I am standing at the entrance of Namjoon's villa, waiting for Taehyung to grab his jacket before we would head out.

I could hear his footsteps on the hallway behind me but I didn't dare to turn around and look at him. But suddenly I felt a warm coat around my shoulders and Taehyung's scent filling my nose. I immediately lifted my head and met his calm face.

"Shall we?" He gave me a little smile before holding the entrance door open for me. If it was any other guy I would smack the jacket back into his face but with him I couldn't, I just fucking couldn't.

We stepped outside and I breathed in the fresh nightly air while he closed the door behind us. A comforting silence surrounded us while walking next to the fields near Namjoon's villa. I felt awkward after today's incident between us and the fact that he was now casually walking beside me, his messy hair moving as a breeze blew through it, his dark satin shirt around his broad shoulders, his black pair of jeans around his well toned legs- I need to fucking stop.

I quickly looked away at the field next to us and bit my lips. "So I assume they want us to talk, so you mind telling me something about yourself?" I flinched when his deep voice sounded. My chest heaved up and I exhaled a shaky breath.

"There is nothing to tell you about me" I snapped while looking away. I wish there was, I wish there would be something about me that was worth telling but there was nothing. "There is..there is so much that you could tell me about you" Confused I turned my head in his direction only to meet his twinkling eyes, as if the sky and its stars where caught in this dark irises.

"For example the reason why you like to be barefooted" With his slender index finger he pointed at my feet and I gulped.

I looked down at my feet while walking and thinking if I should answer him. I still didn't know him so why should I tell him something about myself? Just because they wanted us to take a walk doesn't mean I would talk to him but on the other hand I felt weird but not uncomfortable at idea of him knowing that I liked it to be barefoot.

"It's simple.." I exhaled nervously before stopping and looking down at my feet and then glancing back at the fields. "At times when things get suffocating the only thing that makes me breathe is when my feet touches and feels the ground, it reminds me that I'm still here, that I'm still breathing and I can still feel something" I felt a sudden lump in my throat while saying this out loud.

Why did I tell him all of this? I started to get anxious, cursing at myself while my breathing got heavy but once I looked up and met his eyes, every anxious feeling was gone and got replaced by the feeling the look in his eyes gave me.

My chest heaved up when I felt his eyes talking to me..

I understand you

I could hear him but why would he out of everyone understand me? He slowly averted his gaze and looked at the fields while my eyes were still on him not knowing what he would reply.

"When the world felt suffocating around me I discovered art for myself. I was mocked for the art I made, they called me crazy, a psychopath but it didn't stop me from what made me breathe. Indeed my art was different but was there even any definition for art? The moment I started drawing I dived into a different universe created by myself and I felt alive just like you when you walk around without shoes. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things, for me seeing you walking barefooted is another type of art I like to look at" He turned around and met my eyes.

I gulped and ran a hand through my hair not knowing what to think about all of this. What if he's just lying just like him? What if he-

But when I looked back at his eyes I couldn't see anything but genuine warmness. How could that even be possible? How could someone like him also feel suffocated? How could he call what made me breathe art?