Chapter 33: The Angel and The Devil

"Do you remember that one day under the drizzling rain? There was a strange atmosphere between us
Me, you and the umbrella, in the heart of the night"

"Do you remember that one day under the drizzling rain? There was a strange atmosphere between usMe, you and the umbrella, in the heart of the night"

The sound of calm waves filled my ears, the warm sand hit against my skin while a soft breeze waved through my hair.

The smell of the sea filled my nose and I slowly fluttered my eyes open and blinked a few times trying to regain my memories.

When I opened my eyes to the blue ocean I found a familiar tall figure by the shore, throwing stones across the sea and getting upset whenever it wouldn't bounce often and sink immediately.

I took a deep breath and ran a hand through my hair and pulled my legs closer to my body, resting my chin on my knee while wrapping my arms around my legs to watch Taehyung carelessly throwing stones across the water with tears filled eyes. My chest felt so heavy.

I pressed my knees together and gulped down the feeling of disgust and fear while glancing up at Taehyung, not realizing that a tear has escaped my eye.

And in this whole mess there was Taehyung, we slipped into something unknown, something so raw and vulnerable, though I didn't knew him good enough to open up, I still did it in a way I have never done before.

Everytime I looked into his eyes I got filled with a warmth I craved for since that cold night in the church, it was all I wished for,

Warmth

The warmth of a family

The warmth of love

And the warmth feeling of a home I've never had

FLASHBACK

I slowly tried to open my eyes with the last sprinkle of strength I carried while whimpering in pain, I weakly glanced up at the colorful stained windows of the church revealed by the dark sky of the night.

How many hours have been passed since I'm laying on the cold ground of the church? How many hours am I already enduring this pain?

My sinful body was laying inside this holy place, I felt ashamed and scared but I couldn't move my body.

I wanted to beg for forgiveness, wash his sinful hands off me but little did I know that this was only the beginning of something so scary.

My swollen eyes were itching from crying but I couldn't even move my hands to scratch my eyes. His touches were still burning on my body, his slaps, his kicks, it hurted but it was my heart which was aching, I have trusted him, I have loved him, he was my first love.

I felt worthless, worthless.

Nothing could ever be the same again.

Because though my body was still alive a part of me died that night in the old church.