Chapter 13: Dangerous silence

I was sitting on a bench of our schoolyard while distanced chatting and laughing sounds of the students filled the whole area and disturbed my peace.
I fluttered my eyes shut while crossing my arms in front of my chest and puffing out my breath, I was trying to relax my sour muscles from the past days when I suddenly felt a presence next to me which made me gulp and immediately tense every single muscle of my body.

I decided to open my eyes and frown, his eyes remained shut while his arms were crossed in front of his chest just like mine. His bangs were falling right above his shut eyes, covering his thick and dark eyebrows I only once got a glimpse of. His heart shaped lips slightly parted while he softly puffed out his breath.

"Take a photo, it lasts longer" I flinched when his deep voice filled my ears, goosebumps rose upon my skin only by hearing his soulful voice. I gulped and quickly averted my eyes from his peaceful face and started scratching my arm.

I cleared my throat while staring and the majestic tree in front of us I have never seen before.
"I would rather die than having your face on my phone" I snapped back while running an embarrassed hand through my long hair. A sudden 'click' sound drew my attention towards him. My eyes widened when I saw my phone inside his hands while he was busy typing something on it.

"Yah you must be really tired of life to fucking mess with me!" I tried to snatch my phone from his big hands but he quickly pulled his hands away before I could grab it.

"Ah Ah Ah" He grinned playfully and I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing his other hand and glaring at him. I gulped when something flashed through my body when I touched his arm, my eyes traveled down my hand around his arm before immediately letting it go. "Don't turn me into a murderer" I whispered through gritted teeth before a deep laugh escaped his heart shaped lips. I crocked a brow before squinting my eyes at him and hearing his melodic laugh.

"Why? Can't you hold it any longer?" I rolled my eyes at his playful smirk before exhaling and trying hard to not rip his head apart. "There you go a photo of my sexy face and my number saved on your phone" He winked before I angrily grabbed my phone from his large hand.

"Asshole.." I furiously stood up to go inside the building but his slender fingers around my wrist stopped me from walking further.
My heart jumped and I felt the same flash flowing through my body when his fingers touched my skin. I flinched trying to understand why I always reacted this way when his skin touched mine.
I wasn't scared of him, neither was I disgusted when his hand touched my scarred body.

So why am I reacting this way?

His eyes were piercing through my bones when he slowly stood up from the wooden bench and made me turn my body towards him while I tried to release my wrist from his tight grip.

"I'm sorry" My heart sank and i immediately lifted my head when the words I hated so much left his mouth. The words that were nothing than lies, used way too often while the meaning behind these heavy words got forgotten. I furrowed my eyebrows when his deep whisper echoed through my skull, why did the words sounded like they may had a meaning when it came from Taehyung's mouth?

"I wasn't aware that my words could affect you in this way I simply.." He grabbed the back of his neck while looking away and licking over his lips, struggling to find the right words while a nervous feeling increased inside my chest. My eyes shifted from his moist lips up to his deep irises that had a alluring warmth floating inside them. I tilted my head to the side while trying to understand what he was trying to tell me.

"I feel like all of this is as bad for you as it is for her.." I furrowed my eyebrows, he is really trying play with his life and death. I gulped when his brown irises met mine and my chest rose.