Chapter 33

"Lilith, repeat after me," Looking up at the pale man with a very similar face to my own, my fingers between the pages of the book he thought I'd like, "I will either find a way, or I will make one,"

        "I will either find a way or I will m-make one?" I all but asked, the words hesitate as he smiled, patting my hair.

         "Good, now be sure to remember them, for they will help you when you grow older." Nodding at my father he hummed looking at the book he had given me, "Well, look at you, you've already read this far?" He laughed making me giggle.

           Blinking away the memories, the fire burning into my mind once more I glanced at the two still mad and poked the fire with my glass stick. A frown pulling at my lips. I didn't even do anything wrong. I mean I, may have, been a little reckless but it worked out so what was the problem?

        My gaze snapped up as sighs found my ears, a large greenish boy dropping to the ground next to me, rubbing his face and looking at the fire I had got started. A freckled boy dropped to my other side, a smile pulling at my lips as I kept playing with the fire, a still repairing dragon behind us, letting us lean against it.

         "So... What was that?" Alex asked, tossing a twig into the small fire. Humming I watched it spark at the new addition.

       "I don't really know," I shrugged softly, hums falling from both of them, "I've never made one of those before, not even my dragon can regenerate without direct contact,"

        "Is it going to hate me as much as the window?" Adrain asked making me smile as I leaned into the dragon that gave a soft growl at the nickname.

         "No, it's, uh, it's different from Vitreus," I said softly, my smile wavering as I poked at the fire more.

            "Different?" Alex asked, my hand pausing and a frown pulling at my lips. It was different. It felt different. It did not give the same warmth that Vitreus did. It was like it was- is pulling my mana even now. With every move, with every regeneration, I can feel it use my mana for every little thing. It was like it was not alive. It was a puppet with strings my mana pulled at without my permission. I couldn't even tell if it was the one with the strings.

          "It's different," I mumbled, the stick forgotten and hands wrapping around myself, my gaze moving to the sky, two moons of different sizes shining down on us. "It's just a puppet, Vitreus is real, its not,"

         "Is it still trying to catch him?" Came a gentler voice as a hand rubbed my shoulder. Glancing at Adrian I looked back up to our moons.

        "... Yeah, he's fighting it off really well, but they're still fighting," I nodded softly.

        "You can tell?" Alex asked while I just hummed in response, closing my eyes, falling the glowing blue mana that was seeping out of me as it slowly turned purple before red. I couldn't say I could see, but the motions, the mana, red clashing with green, the green dulling the more they clashed. What looked almost like a person's outline twisting and turning, as it moved up a different pulse, a duller and harder to notice glow that nearly blended into the black around them, bouncing between these soft hues, higher and higher.

         "... He's running," I stated, my face twisting as a sharp pain tore at my chest, the throbbing that had not been dulled stabbing at me. Rubbing it I opened my eyes. "I think I'm burning out?" I said with a frown, the feeling strange and painful but not nearly as bad as it had been before. Two hands shot to my face in seconds.