Chapter 28

Because there's no line-through-word option I did underline a crossed-out word instead.

            "What is this?" Ari asked pulling something from my bag while I laid on my bed hardly keeping my eyes open but studying, nonetheless

            "What is this?" Ari asked pulling something from my bag while I laid on my bed hardly keeping my eyes open but studying, nonetheless. Glancing at her, I found the question book Adrian gave. I gave a grunt and looking back at my notes- which were propped by a full green arm. "Is this a normal custom? Should I not have voiced my previous questions?"

         "No- it's, hah, it's not a normal custom," I sighed, rubbing my eyes and sitting up, deciding to take a break I knew to be much needed. "It's fine to ask me things, that's just a book Adrian gave me full of questions he has about me,"

           "About you?"

          "Yeah, he's not usually one to ask them but he has them so I guess he gave it to me just to let me know he had them or something," I grumbled getting to my dresser and slapping my face with water, the large saucer I recently brought for this very reason.

           "May I take part in this?" Stars, this was going to become a thing.

           "Sure, whatever, there's an index so check if it's already in there, or don't, I don't really care," I mumbled wiping my face free of the water. I need to sleep or I won't be able to keep up tomorrow. Or get sick.

          Gods, the recovery classes would be enough to kill me.

          With a few deep breaths and a shake of the head, I slapped my cheeks and went back to reading. Ari flipping through the neat and organized journal with a quill at the ready. Alex passed out on the majority of my bed but given that his roommate supposedly had a habit of being loud I didn't blame him. And he was more comfortable than the bed.

           I had a war crime exam tomorrow, and I had a sneaking suspicion that they didn't teach nearly a tenth of what was going to be on the exam. Which I only say because of the last four I flunked for that very fact.

            You had to get information for yourself. Resourcefulness. When they don't teach the curriculum properly on purpose, so those that think they have personal time fail. With a salty sigh, I rubbed my heavy eyes and tried to put the words together.

           Executioners (I.E. spirit mergers) are not permitted on the battlefield except as a punishment for breaking B-class war crimes and above.
-Under no circumstances are they to be left completely physically capable, at least one of the five senses is to be removed; permanent action recommended required
-Merging magic is to be restricted outside of giving punishment
-As of the year 1011, all executioners are to be held in crime coliseums as corporal punishment or to be properly monitored under the pretense of capturing criminals; for further detail, check page 1295.

             Pausing, I reread that, loose clauses not something that typically came with a war crime. They just write them off somewhere else- not usually within war crimes. Tapping the side of the book, I leaned back on the warm boy practically unconscious and just as my mind began to wander, a large hammer was quick to slam into my temple.

        With a groan, I rubbed my forehead and finally gave it. I had to sleep. If I fail I fail. Closing my book, I pushed it onto the trunk on the foot of my bed, a large glass lizard taking most of the room on my floor despite the hanging cloth it laid in.

           "Lock the door when you leave," I yawned, curling into Alex's side under the blanket.

           "Ost'chhah brrvo uhwbv," She hummed with a roll of her tongue, wishing me goodnight.

           "Ost'chhah brrvo uhwbv, iya'hsib dvuo," I sleepily called back.

           "Iya'hsib dvuo, akuo," She absentmindedly responded, the endearing words becoming more and more common between us. Burrowing into Alex, I hid from her candlelight and quickly found myself falling into the comfortable darkness I missed dearly.