Chapter 39

Miss H had tried to tell me she didn't mean it like that, but I had quickly wiped my cheeks and gotten to my feet. Walking away despite her efforts to follow. Which was how I ended up here, wasting another day of my so-called vacation, laying on the bookshelves in Edward's office as a handful of teachers were arguing below me.

         "She's a glass mage!" The fire elite growled at the ridiculous idea.

          "That doesn't change the fact! She made a dragon! She made a demon! She is a monster!" My oh-so-favorite teacher snapped back, the glass mage not backing down from the elite that also insulted her by saying it. "She is a different type of mage! She is not bound by the same rules that we are! She can bring magic to life! She can create living mana pools! As if that dragon isn't dangerous enough! She pulls mana from it the moment she's running low! Do you understand how dangerous that is?! A glass mage has enough mana as is! But she has extra mana that could kill a small army!"

           Staring at the marble between my fingers, my other arm behind my head, I found a strange numbness pulling at my chest at the words. "It's hardly a real dragon-"

         "Really?! Last time I checked when it was no larger than a dog you needed the help of three other elites to simply capture it!" My brows raised at that, the incident in class coming to mind, having never really heard too much about it. Definitely didn't hear about four elites being the ones to catch it. I suppose Adrain must have had more than a few cuts then.

          "Shut your mouth you-"

          "Enough!" Edward's voice boomed in the small office, cutting off their arguing, "I summoned you all so we could speak about the proper teaching method for this student, not about your personal feelings about her magic." I guess he can be professional.

         "... She definitely can take a punch," Glancing over at the voice, finding my hand-to-hand teacher, I rolled my eyes, "She doesn't have a lot of physical strength and while she struggled more at the beginning of the trimester, she has always been able to anticipate her opponent, however, more recently, she has begun being able to move in accordance with that anticipation, she has even begun to land hits on an opponent twice her size. One I put her against with the intention to help bring out that speed,"

         "Is that why she's always in my wing?" James snapped, glaring at the woman that sighed.

         "I understand that it's harsh on her, but I have not been able to accurately describe what she as a smaller opponent should do. She does take a lot of hits, and she does break a lot of bones, but she has always been able to get back up. She fights despite any hit she takes, when she has reached her limit she has always been the first to say it, sometimes she may not understand her limits, but she has improved much more with an active situation rather than the explaining of what to do. She just learns better when in the situation, her stamina has greatly improved, and with each day she takes fewer blows,"

         "I have to agree, while in swordsmanship, she has proven to grow upon the stress of an opponent much stronger than herself, in fact, I had to separate her from the other students because she was picking up habits I didn't want her to develop. She pays too much attention to her opponent, and when paired with those of similar skill she has a tendency to mimic them. I have her working with my support in an attempt to avoid this, she has learned at such a speed that I have to occasionally step in and separate the two because of how competitive my support can be,"

       "I have the opposite opinion, while in marksmanship, she is exceptionally well above her peers, while I do agree with separating her from fellow students. She might not compare in actual accuracy to those at the very top in my class but her practical skills have often left me unsure on how to teach her, stress has proven to only make her less likely to participate. I have had her walk out of my class entirely for simply putting her with others of higher accuracy. I have been forced to accommodate her numerous times, making obscure drills for her beyond what has been asked of me,