Chapter 9

"I'm up!" I shrieked jolting up as pain ran through me but I was just pushed back down.

           "Good to see you've dragged yourself from your grave," Glared the healer, the same dark bags under his eyes from last time while I looked around. My eyes fell on the white hair drow getting healed to my left.

            "Ugh, why am I here? It's not like I got stabbed or anything," I sighed and looked at the healer, the fight coming back to me.

              "No, you're right, you only had major internal bleeding," He rolled his eyes while I grunted, shielding my eyes from the bright crystal hanging above the bed.

           "That's where the blood's supposed to be,"

           "You're very wrong and I'd have preferred if you had been stabbed. Stab wounds are easy to heal. This? No. This is annoying and I can't see if I'm done so I'm stuck here until you're for sure healed," He complained while I just rolled my eyes and looked at the seared circle in my hand. "I can't fix that, scars are scars, you're sure to get them when using blood magic,"

          "I wasn't asking- Oh son of a-" Curling around my stomach as he whacked it without mercy I shot him a glare. "You suppose to be healing me,"

           "I was checking to see if I was done," He smirked raising both brows, looking very self-satisfied. 

          "You-"

          "That dragon, you made that?" Looking to the otherwise occupied drow I narrowed my eyes at him. You're a freak of nature. I'd keep that heat in if I were you. 

          "And if I did?" He raised his brows, not looking at me but rather at the mage healing him, watching his wounds stitch themselves shut one at a time. Wait, how'd he even get cut up so badly anyway?

            "No need to get defensive, your magic is your business, I was just thinking you might want to head to the dean's office when you're done here. After you passed out the instructors had to step in and retrain that thing, it should be in the dean's office right about now," He smiled slyly at me, giving a side-eye I did not trust in the least.

           "... Good to know," I nodded, gaining a hum from him. He's not prying. Like, at all. That was a dragon and he doesn't care. Who the blazen is this guy? If I saw someone summon a dragon I would be full of questions. 

          However, if they just went with a draconic-shaped golem I would be less impressed. Though it wasn't a popular idea, not in the least, it was possible. More trouble, but possible. And- I'm getting sidetracked. He wasn't prying. Which was great but suspicious.

        It was a natural reaction after all, but he brushed me off with nothing more than 'your magic is your business'. Like. Dude. Plus, elves were curious by nature. Drow's were no exception.

         "Alright, I'm probably done, come back if it continues to ache or you vomit blood," He hummed while my gaze snapping to him. The two symptoms vastly different. "Until then, get out of my wing," Just like that, I was kicked out.

        I didn't even have the time to open my mouth before the door was being slammed in my face. Rubbing my backside gently I got up with a sigh. Might as well retrieve the dragon. Grumbling I began my way to the dean's office, dreading the recovery classes I would have to take.

           Knocking on the door gently I waited for permission to enter but the door simply opened. Revealing the earth elite and dean to my school. He didn't say anything, just stared at me for a long moment while I stared equally interested at the ground. 

         I've made a mistake. I should have just gone to my room and summoned it.

        "... Tame the beast and leave," Nodding I still didn't look up, in return, he opened the door enough for me to actually step inside. Which I did. It didn't take more than a second for my gaze to fall on the caged dragon who was thrashing about in its cage.

        Glancing at the elite I hesitantly approached, it noticed me when I took the first step and paused in its raging. The metal bending open and freeing it, without hesitation it leaped into my arms as I readjusted it and turned to leave. My task complete and every fiber in my being wishing to run away.

        "Don't use magic you can't control," He said before another door was shut in my face. What is with the staff here? Do they all just hate me? I mean come on... I'm not that bad.

         Am I? 

       Sighing I looked down at the dragon fast asleep in my arms. "You really are shameless aren't you? Causing a big ruckus then taking a nap," 

       If only I could get away with that.